Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

I had the best weekend, thanks to my sweet family! Friday, I had my house cleaned! Wooohooo! It's been a year and a half since we let our cleaning lady go, and I feel like I haven't stopped cleaning since. I feel like I can breathe now. The best part is, I get to KEEP her!!! Yay!

Sunday morning, I woke up and breakfast was ready...the kids already fed, and roses on the kitchen counter. The kids made me about 10 presents each (that's 50 total). Also, I got $100 to spend at H & M!!!! Wait, it gets better. I walked outside to go to church, and, yep, my 5 newspapers were waiting for me with all my coupons!! After church, I got to take a NAP! I did cook dinner, but Jim was a huge help, and the kids all kept saying "Mom, this is soooo good!" "I love this dinner" "This is my favorite dinner!" Usually, at least one of them complains. I think Jim must've bribed them to LOVE my cooking last night. They are sooooo sweet! I had the best Mother's Day, ever! Thanks family- especially you, Jimmers. OK, so who wants to go shopping with me????

4 comments:

Carol said...

hmmmmmm....i don't know WHO would want to go shopping with YOU! but if you can't find anyone...YOU COULD ALWAYS CALL MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Chandra said...

I do! I do! Can we involve food too?

Soares Family said...

Kirsten~ who does your cleaning? I am in the market for one!!
Thanks

Linde said...

I want to go but we'll have to meet in the middle. sounds like a great day. Don't you love ALL the homemade gifts? You are such a good mom and deserve it all!