Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Down & Derby- I know. Cheesy Title

I keep forgetting that this was Lincoln's first, official, Pinewood Derby. He's been going to all the races with Jim for years. We have a race track, so they always call Jim to run the race. But, this year, Lincoln actually got to enter a car. His is the orange skinny one below.

Getting set up.

Here we go.

Lincoln's car came in 1st that heat.

Lincoln ended up taking 5th overall. I can't lie, he was a little bummed. He wanted a medal. I think he learned a good lesson about keeping it fair. Jim has some really fast Pinewood Derby cars. He knows how to make a 1st place car, for sure. But, it's not really that much fun when one car whoops everyone in every race. This race was fun. There were lots of boys who got to be 1st place in their heats. So, it was fun for everyone.

1 comment:

Carol said...

love the caution tape and barricade!!! where was that a few years ago???
I can't believe this was his first??? I forget he's still a little dude!