Friday, May 6, 2011

Under construction

Even though it's just the house that's under construction, I feel like it is our whole life. This flood has disrupted the order in the house, and has left me feeling overwhelmed and unmotivated. I am just staying positive, knowing that it is totally temporary, and knowing that we are getting our downstairs completely remodeled with no expense from us.

The painters came this week, and it is a huge relief to have a fresh coat of paint. We went with a lighter color, and I really love it. We are going with a darker hardwood floor and a brown shag carpet for the familyroom and livingroom. We should be completely back to normal in two weeks.

Jim and I flew out to Florida last week to pick up our new van. I will post some pictures as soon as I can find the motivation to not be so lazy. We drove 40 hours and only stopped to sleep 10 hours. We had to make it home for Blake's school play. We barely made it. As we passed Disneyworld in Florida, I thought, what a shame we are not stopping!

We went through Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona in 3 days. It was the most beautiful landscape I have ever seen. We spent the night in Biloxi, Mississippi, and left just hours before the tornados hit. Seems like we were just barely ahead of them in MS and Alabama. I'm devestated for those families.

We made it home safe with our new family vehicle, and the kids couldn't be more thrilled. They love it. There is so much room, and I really like driving it. It feels like I'm driving an SUV; not much different than what I'm used to.

The pregnancy is going well. I'm 13 weeks. Finally out of the 1st trimester. It was a rough one, but I'm feeling better. Still tired, but I know that it doesn't last forever. Just hope my family can endure it. We are all excited for the new edition to the bunch. I will try to post some pictures soon.

2 comments:

Doralee said...

So sorry, I hadn't heard about your flood. What happened?

Kirsten said...

Our hot water heated flooded our downstairs. We are replacing all our downstairs flooring and just had the house repainted. It will be beautiful when it's finished. Hopefully, by next week :) We went a whole week without hot water, because we bought a lemon hot water heater. It was painful.