Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back to School

Ok, so here is my "back to school" post. The kids were so excited to go back, but not nearly as excited as I was. Lincoln is in 1st grade this year. Yay! Starting next week the kids will ride their bikes to and from school, and I will hardly ever have to go there.

The night before school started, Taylor put the song "Breakout" by Miley Cyrus on her computer and gave me strict instructions to just turn that song on LOUD in the morning to wake them up! So, that's what I did. They both jumped out of bed and started dancing and laughing. Taylor is growing up way too fast. For her, it was all about the outfit on the first day of school (Blake couldn't care less). Taylor is also obsessed with those teen magazines...she has posters all over her walls. What happened to Barbie's & Polly Pockets?? I'm not ready for this...
We are so excited that Taylor's cousin Britten (middle) is in her class this year!

Blake even had a pretty good morning. She usually has a meltdown or 2 in the mornings about her shoes, socks, or her backpack being too light. She left the house with her socks rolled down and 3 cookbooks in her backpack.
What can I say about Lincoln! I had to drag him out of bed (as usual). He was very timid going to the big playground to line up. He found his "boys", though, and then he was fine. All of the kids got the teachers that they wanted, and most of their friends in their classes. I can tell it is going to be a great school year. I had the biggest smile when I left them! It's so easy only having Brooklyn and Dylan home. They play so well together, and Dylan just follows Brookie around and copies EVERYTHING that she does. It's so cute! I even decided to paint Brooklyn and Dylan's room yesterday! Been wanting to do that for a while. Maybe I will post some pictures of their room later...

5 comments:

Kristin said...

O yes, do post pictures of you painting, i have so much to do here i need a little inspiration!! And you can stop by anytime, i just can't guarentee how clean the place will be!! I MISS MY MAGGIE!! New house New house payment NO MORE MAGGIE!!

Carol Woolworth said...

I guess I'm a loser. I didn't take any pictures of my kids on the first day of school.Oops.

FrankNApril said...

Kirsten,
Yes, post some pictures of their room! Blake took 3 cook books! I understand why I guess but that is a story for when she is older! I like her shirt as well. So her being her funny silly self! Taylor looks like a mini teen! YIKES! She is cute too! April

Chandra said...

They just grow up too fast!! Lauren likes those teen mags too. I'll only let her put a few pics up on the backside of her door. Look at you all motivated already, if you want help I'm available!
Cookbooks? Now that's dedication!

Linde said...

They all look so cute! Blake cracks me up with her heavy backpack and rolled down socks. I love that my kids are gone all day too! yeah for us! Have fun painting and post pictures when you're done.