Sunday, August 31, 2008

Brooklyn & Dylan's Room

I finally got motivated to re-paint my littlest girls' room. The walls used to be a light yellow color, but Diddy had colored all over them and they were sooo dirty. I like how the color turned out. It's bright enough, but not too bright. Brooklyn loves it because it looks like the color of Sleeping Beauty's dress. Eventually I will decorate the walls and sew custom drapes, but probably not until the crib is gone. I would love to make some wall art...Carol. I need help, I am not very crafty.

This is the built-in window seat my husband made for me! It's awesome having a husband that can build custom furniture! I just point to it in a magazine and he builds it. He built my entire bedroom set, too (platform bed, dresser, and nightstands). Again, I need to sew some custom curtains, pillows, window-seat cover, etc. It's just not that fun taking a bunch of kids to the fabric store! Anyway, the whole point was to make the girls room so they would like to spend alot of time in it...more quiet time for mom.

7 comments:

Katie Morgan said...

Kirsten! How's it going?? I was just on Sommer's blog and it looks like you guys still keep in touch. Looks like you've got your hands full with kids. Good for you! Check out my blog at www.morganfamily2003.blog.com
Katie (Whitaker) Morgan

Linde said...

So so so cute! I REALY like that color. Dylan doesn't sleep in your crib anymore? It just looks super super cute!

Lynette said...

SOOOO cute! You have a great eye, and all the colors go so well.

Kristin said...

Darling! Love the room. Absolutely love the built-ins!! I want some, will Jim do some for me???

Carol said...

love that color pink. it looks awesome! you know where to find me when your ready to get crafty ;)

Chandra said...

Super cute!! Good,fun color for the girls. If your husband needs extra things to do send him my way. It's certainly true that architectural details really make a room! Too bad for me that those are the things that cost waaayyy too much. I would love an office with paneled walls and coffered cielings- maybe someday!

g said...

The room looks great--I love the pink! Your hubby is so talented, too! I bet the girls love that cozy windowseat :)