Friday, September 5, 2008

Remember when...

So I really wanted to post Brooklyn's first day of pre-school, but since Jim keeps taking my digital camera to work, I have no pictures. Another day, I guess...


At the beginning of the summer my lap-top crashed and I lost my whole hard drive. Every picture I have of my family for the last 2 years was on that computer. Not to mention, every picture I have of Dylan since she was born. And like an idiot, I didn't back anything up because hard-drives are not supposed to crash on a computer that is not even 2 years old. To make a long story short, my genius cousin Nancy felt really bad for me and spent many hours extracting junk off of my hard-drive. She saved all my pictures!!! So I have been looking through all the memories, and the changes in my kids over the years. Here are some highlights...this is mostly for my kids and the grandparents for all of you who could care less.
Remember "Diddy the Pirate" last year at Halloween, and how Taylor was Abraham Lincoln and Blake was a hot dog! Tate, remember after I ripped that beard off your face you said,"I am never being someone with a beard again!" You had red welts on your face. I love Halloween!
Remember when we got toilet-papered? Brookie could not understand how all the toilet paper got out there on the trees.
Remember when dude made it to the main event at Nationals because some kid wrecked in front of him? Then dude ran over his arm and raced to the finish so he could get to the mains! We were all yelling "PEDAL LINCOLN, PEDAL!"

Remember when you all used to hover around Dylan and fuss over her every need? Oh yeah, you still do! That's why she's so stinkin' spoiled!

Remember when Dude used to have this cool hairstyle?

Remember when you used to be cute, Tate? Just kidding...you still are!
Remember when mom made us put our wedding dresses on for her "Wedding Dress Photo Shoot"? And I kept complaining because I was about 10 weeks pregnant and you had to lace up the back of my dress because it wouldn't zip. And I told mom, "Mother, I have been married for 10 years, I feel like an idiot in my wedding dress!" And she had our exact wedding bouquets specially made! Maybe you really are crazy, mom!

Remember when we all went to Cancun for 2 weeks, and mom and dad didn't even know we were coming to see them down there? And Jim found airfare for $200 round trip, and booked it at 11pm and said I had to pack and be at the airport with 4 kids at 5am! And I couldn't even call Carol and Kelly and tell them we were going cause it was the middle of the night. And I was 8 months pregnant with Dylan. And the kids teachers were wondering what happened to them. And then Carol shows up in Mexico with her kids like a day later! And mom and dad were like, "What the heck!" And people kept looking at me on the airplanes like I was a crazy lady 8 months pregnant with 4 kids, but the kids just slept the whole way! And Lincoln was like, "What's up my man...what's your name?" to Jose our taxi driver. That was the best vacation ever! I can't wait to go back next year!
That was fun! I hope you kids enjoy this!

8 comments:

Carol Woolworth said...

Oh my gosh! That brings back memories. Cancun was so awsome. Mom and Dad loved that we crashed their vacation. they get plenty of vaction time alone. Aren't they going to Aruba today?
I felt pretty stupid in my wedding dress too, but the pictures turned out good.

Carol said...

you girls look GOR.....GEOUS!!!!! in your wedding dresses. those were all fun to look through and read...even if i'm not family :)

p.s. SOOOOOOOO glad you got all your pics back or i'd be in some serious mourning for you.

Heather said...

That was fun!
The wedding dress photo shoot is killing me. How in heavens name do you still fit in your dress, pregnant no less? Amazing!

Glad you got your pictures back. That would be a sad day.

Lisa said...

I am so glad you got your pictures back. The same thing happened to us but now all my pictures are on an external hard drive. I love seeing all the pictures. It's funny. I love the toliet papering pictures, hee, hee! Thanks for sharing!
Lisa

Sommer said...

Remeber when WE did the toliet papering...TO EACH OTHER????? Good grief!

Sommer

Linde said...

I loved it! I remember Lincoln rockin' the hawk! I remember seeing you and your sisters in your wedding dresses at bunko and jeez you are all beautiful! I can't believe you were prego. I would have never guessed! I remeber diddy as a pirate! You would tell her she was pretty and she would leave it on! How cute!

Chandra said...

That's my worst nightmare! Losing my pictures to outer space. Remembering when is so fun, glad you got to relive those moments again.

Jason & Claire said...

I'm so glad you got your pictures back. This was so much fun to read- even though I'm not family. That trip to Cancun sounds like the best memory and I love the wedding picture.