Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A few little things...

Brooklyn had a great first day of pre-school! How could you not love Ms. Heather? Don't you love it when your kids ask you to help them spell something? Before school Brooklyn asked me, "Mom, how do you spell 'I love you Ms. Heather, you are my favoritest teacher in the whole world'?" So cute!

This is for you, Claire. Blake's job this month is to unload the dishwasher. Most of you know how OCD I am (Borderline "Sleeping With the Enemy", remember the psycho husband?). I just had to laugh when I found the cups put away like this, because that is soooo Blake's style! I didn't even fix it, I promise! I love that little girl and really appreciate her help and my empty dishwasher!

Brooklyn is such a little girly-girl. Jim took this picture of her wearing a helmet of hairspray in her hair. The picture doesn't even do it justice.

It's coming! My favorite time of year. I absolutely love Halloween...it's the start to all the great holidays. For FHE last night we went out and got our costumes. I know it's early, but the kids were very specific about what they wanted to do! I waited until the last minute one year, and my kids had to be whatever was left in the store. I will never do that again. Here's a little sneak peak at our plan for Halloween. Sometimes it pays to have a ton of kids!

10 comments:

Kristin said...

I would think with your sewing ability you'd be sewing all of your kids costumes!!

Chandra said...

May the force be with you! I love this time of year too. I can't wait to decorate for Halloween/fall!! I'm seriously counting the days-I think I'll start Sep.29th! Brooklyn is lucky to have such a fun teacher. Sometimes you do have to let things go when the kids do the cleaning, but I'm with you, it's so hard not to go back and fix things, although I do sometimes go back and show them what's wrong and have them do it the right way(or should I say my way!)

Jason & Claire said...

You're my hero. I am TRYING to leave it. It makes me feel so much better that i'm not alone. You are such a good mom to teach them to do that. And, I already have our costumes too. We were wondering how long we have to wait to start the FHE Phantom. That's our favorite. The next four months are the best.

Jason & Claire said...

I have to add that Caleb is going to be so jeaous. He has tried to make Gabriel or Anneliese be Yoda for the last 3 years. Little kids do make perfect Yodas. I'm excited for the Trunk-or-Treat.

Linde said...

I can't believe she is old enough to be going to pre school. She is so adorable, I love the costumes! Can't wait to see the others!

FrankNApril said...

Kirsten,
The cups are funny!
I think I know something! You are all gonna be a Star Wars person?? At dinner tonight we were just saying what can we all be for halloween. Here was the funny part. Well, funny to me. Frank said we could all be the jackson 5. LOL
We aren't! April

Kirsten said...

April,

YOu should totally be the Jackson 5! That would be hillarious!

Kirsten said...

I'm a clonetrooper for halloween I have the velcro helmet and every thing my costume is my favorite color blue I told my friends I didn't want to trick or treat I just wanted to pass out the candy but now that my costume isn't itchey or anything I'm exited for trick or treating and the Halloween parade at school!

Kirsten said...

I'm a clonetrooper for halloween I have the velcro helmet and every thing my costume is my favorite color blue I told my friends I didn't want to trick or treat I just wanted to pass out the candy but now that my costume isn't itchey or anything I'm exited for trick or treating and the Halloween parade at school!

Kirsten said...

I'm a clonetrooper for halloween I have the velcro helmet and every thing my costume is my favorite color blue I told my friends I didn't want to trick or treat I just wanted to pass out the candy but now that my costume isn't itchey or anything I'm exited for trick or treating and the Halloween parade at school! Blake