Thursday, October 2, 2008

Embarassing Mom Moments

Something kind-of embarassing happened last week at the doctor's office. It has caused me to reflect on all the different ways my kids have completely embarassed me in public.

Preface: Diddy cannot say her "S's" to save her life. She talks really, really well, but her "S's" come out with an "F" sound. Example: Mom, can you put my Foos on? (shoes).

So, we walk into the doctor's office, and what is one of the little boys in the waiting room eating? A sucker. So, at the top of her lungs, Diddy starts yelling, "I want a sucker, mom"! Over and over again. You can imagine the word that is coming out of her mouth (sorry if it puts a bad word in your mind). Everyone in the office is staring at me with their jaws totally dropped open. I can't help it people! This happens to me at the bank, too!

7 comments:

Sommer said...

You better teach that kid how to say "lollipop" until the s's come in!

Sommer

P.S. I read your comment on Kristin's blog. I totally remember that food tent. It was crazy how much junk was in that thing. Thank heavens for Vally Foods!

Heather said...

That is SO FUNNY!
Good thing you are a seasoned mom and can take it all in stride :)

Linde said...

I am dying laughing! That is so funny. Good thing she is so stinkin' cute!

Katie Morgan said...

That is hilarious and humiliating all at the same time. That's one reason why I'm not looking forward to Parker saying more words. Choo Choo and "MOM" are good enough for me now! Hope all is well with your family!

Jason & Claire said...

That is terribly hysterical. Sorry! A doctor's office is the worst place too. You probably had quite the audience.

Gabriel switches his K's as T's and every time he sees a Kitty he yells, "I love _itties!" It got worse when he started telling people that he didn't like "Little _itties, only Big _itties!"

Aaahhh, memories. It's a good thing we have all of this recorded for them to read when they are parents themselves! Thanks for the laugh.

Lisa said...

Ashton and I are cracking up. That is classic kid talk:) I think I would keep suckers in my purse and give it to her as soon as she said it. Ashton said the "S" word in the middle of the sacarment when she dropped her bottle. We were at Leslie Ewing's dad's farwell and she said it. I was dying and then she said it again. It is nice to hear another embrassing moment. Thanks fo rthe laugh!

g said...

Oh my gosh, what's in the water?? Just this week, Kaden and Kaya were goofing around with a quote from the movie Open Season. I guess some animal character says, "I'm a doe and a buck. I'm a duck!"

So, they keep inserting other animals: "I'm a pig and a buck, I'm a puck!" And then, one decides to add up a frog and buck, and you can imagine what came of that! I guess I should be grateful they had no idea what they were saying was a bad word, lol!