Monday, November 8, 2010

34

That's how old I am now. It's weird getting older. Like, I keep aging, but I still feel like I'm in my 20's. I really think I'm gonna have a hard time when I hit 40. I don't think it will seem real. Anyway, my birthday was AWESOME!!! Thanks to my amazing husband. I have to give a little disclaimer, because I am a bit embarrassed by what he got me for my birthday.

2 years ago he bought me a Canon Rebel, and I was thrilled. I took a couple of Photography classes at UNLV, and read a few books. I even read my manual at least twice. So, I'm not completely retarded, and I can shoot fully manual. However, my amateur skills are soooooo not worthy of the camera equipment he bought me this year for my birthday.

First came this...

I wanted a nice telephoto to shoot Lincoln's baseball games. My kit lens just was not doing it for me. So, I am soooooo excited to have this lens. EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM for those who care.


Then he showed me the receipt for this...which will be here on Wednesday.


I know. I'm totally not worthy, but my husband always tends to go BIG. So excited to learn about this camera. It does HD Video, too, which means we can sell our HD Video camera. That makes me feel better. We can off-set the cost a little. I secretly always wanted this camera, too, but I never even said anything to him, because I thought there was no way. He knows me too well.

It gets better, people. Jim called our cleaning lady that we had to let go a couple years ago, and she is coming back twice a month! If you know me, then you know that I don 't buy things for myself, and I don't expect a whole lot. This birthday is huge for me. I don't care if I get another birthday present or Christmas present EVER.

1 comment:

Carol said...

DANG GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the only idiot thing about you is that you don't think your worthy! So lucky...I am green with envy right now...but happy birthday anyway ;)