Monday, December 14, 2009

We're home!!!

No pictures today -sorry! In fact, it may be a while before I have time to post our vacation. My week is already jam-packed, and it doesn't even include any Christmas shopping. Yikes!!! We had a lovely time in Cancun, and we all have much better tans than I expected we would. It was sunny and warm. What a shock to come home to the cold weather! We turned our heater off in our house before we left, so it was 50 degrees inside when we got home. Brrrrr! We could see our breath in our house. We all decided that 3 weeks was slightly too long of a vacay, but we weren't quite ready to come home after 2 weeks either.

We are SO back to reality now. Busy, busy. Here's the agenda:

  • Presidency meeting
  • Doctor's appointment
  • I guess the Dentist since Brooklyn lost a filling
  • Piano lessons (twice)
  • Violin lessons
  • Baseball (twice)
  • Finish the Christmas tree (almost done)
  • Christmas cards-printed, but not addressed- coming to a mailbox near you
  • Put the lights on the house (mostly for Jim :)
  • 4 huge suitcases full of dirty laundry
  • Shopping for some maternity clothes. Yes, I am showing. At 6 1/2 months, it is impossible to squeeze into regular clothes any longer.
  • Grocery shopping & Costco
  • Big YW's activity on Wednesday night
  • Ward Christmas Party
  • Brooklyn has a birthday party to go to
  • Try to scrub down my stale house that has been sitting for 3 weeks
  • Squeeze in something fun to do since it's track break
  • Organize my NEW CUSTOM CLOSET that my hubby built while I was gone! Yes, my husband can build stuff. Anything I want, and I LOVE IT!

I think that about does it for this week! I don't even care that I have so much to do. It puts a smile on my face to be able to do all the things that I love...taking care of my husband and my babies. It feels good to be home.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Glad your home and glad you had a good time!!

Carol said...

glad your back...we've missed you! and yes, it is always good to be home!!! I expect to see that new closet of yours, either here or in person ;) you know i love house renovations!! now if i could just borrow your husband for a few projects around MY house ;)

Linde said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful vavay! Your week sounds alot like mine. We missed you while we were visiting there. Next time:) I am so excited your having a boy, Makes it worth it doesn't it?

FrankNApril said...

So happy you had some relaxing family time! That's awesome:) April