Monday, April 11, 2011

The reason for my lack of blogging...

...or lack of anything, for that manner. I am 9 weeks pregnant with baby number 7. I figured I might as well just get it out there. It explains my lack of blogging, and well, being seen anywhere. This baby is kicking my butt. I am exhausted and nauseous all the time. I breezed through my last 4 pregnancies, so I guess I expected this one to be easy. I am just trying to take it one day at a time, and one anti-nausea pill at a time.

Apparently, my hormone levels are really high, and my Dr. suspected twins. He ordered an ultrasound, and there was only one baby. Phew. Dodged that bullet. But, he said that I will probably be sick due to my crazy hormones. So, I figure we just need to endure the next couple months, and I will be back to normal. Jim and the kids have been very understanding and patient. I keep telling the kids, that this sickness will be gone soon.

Some things about this pregnancy:

It was planned
My sense of smell is extremely hightened.
I can smell the dog coming from a mile away.
I snack on pepperoncini's straight from the jar all day long.
The middle of the day is good. Morning and evenings...not so much.
I'm sure there will be more weird things, the further along I get.

We are waiting to see what the sex of the baby will be so we can figure out sleeping arrangements, and we are trying to decide what to do about a car, since my car only has 8 seats, and there will be 9 of us. So, the kids are trying to convince us to get one of these...

I can't believe we are actually considering it. As much as I would hate to drive it around everywhere, it would be pretty fun for the kids to have so much room. Traveling is soooo cramped right now, and it makes me feel bad for the kids every time we have to go on a trip. It would also be nice for the kids to actually be able to bring friends with us every once in a while (which we can't do right now). Is this van idea just crazy? What do you think?


So, there's the update. I have other things to post, and hopefully, I will get around to them soon. Starting this week, Lincoln has double-headers up in St. George every Saturday for a little while. They asked us to be on a league there, so we will be traveling a lot. There is a big tournament coming up here during Spring Break. Jim's birthday is tomorrow, and I found some cute things in Brooklyn's backpack that I want to share. There. I just made myself accountable to you all. I will post again soon :)

12 comments:

Jeremy Cox said...

Wow...congrats on #7! So excited for you guys.

Jeremy Cox said...

Sorry that was me....not Jeremy. Miss you guys. Kari

Carol said...

what a woman!
now for the van.......eh. but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do!
let me know if I can do anything for ya ;)

Sam & Roz & Bojan said...

congrats on your new babyyyy:) i loved having 6 other sibblings, and we drove around an ugly ugly astro van for a while, i liked it when i was little, not when i grew up:) hahaha anyway, congrats thats sooo fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh man this is great! I feel like I should be pregs too so we could have 2 kids riding bikes to school together... But I needed more notice;) I'm super sad to hear you are so sick. It makes everything so hard. I'm sorry! Hopefully it will end soon. Congratulations!

Church Fam said...

Congrats on #7!!!! very exciting. I hope you start feeling well. Nothing worse for a busy mom than to feel sick. So a friend who also could not fit all children into their burb did same thing, got the big van, but kept the burb so if she didn't have to drive the van she didn't. Good luck!

Kimmie said...

Congrats!!

Jason & Claire said...

I hate to hear how sick you're feeling. Sorry. Hang in there and take it easy.

About the van...I agree with Carol. Eh...you gotta do what you gotta do. You're one of the only moms cool enough to pull that one off.;) I'm super excited to hear what you're having!

Sara said...

Goodness, Mama! Congrats!!!!!! I was wondering if this was coming your way again, what a wonderful blessing! If you need anything, holler! :))

Mk said...

Hey Kirsten
I just want to tell you how amazing i think you are! (& i'm positive you get that ALL the time) I know you must work so hard to pull this off so well- Big Congrats on #7- (i wish i could have more!) Best wishes and feel better soon- you'll be in my prayers

Linde said...

I was wondering if I would hear this news again! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! You are amazing and I can't wait to hear what you are having. I say get the van AND keep your other one so that you have options just in case it is you and your 2 ittle ones running errands or something. So excited for you!
Hope you feel better soon!

Katie Morgan said...

WOW!!! #7!!! Congrats for you!