Thursday, June 2, 2011

This is how we roll

This is my ride. It seats 15. Never in my life thought I would drive one of these. But, I quite like it. We took a trip to California this past weekend, and the kids were so far back that I couldn't even hear them. It was quite nice. It will be nicer once we install the DVD system. Dylan asks me all the time if we need to go anywhere, just so she can ride in it. The kids say it's better than a limo. Lincoln especially likes it when he is the only one in the car and gets the whole back to himself. I don't mind driving it, and I'm not even embarassed when I drive up to the school and 10 kids get out :) We are making memories in this thing everyday.

2 comments:

Carol said...

love that you are having fun with it. I can totally see the advantages of having the kids far away from you on a trip....how nice ;)

Nancy said...

I just happened on your blog when I clicked the next blog button and had to scroll down the page for a minute. I am just about to have my sixth (my oldest is ten) and every person I know pretty much thinks I'm insane, so it made me quite happy to chance upon such a cute family with loads of kids themselves -- who don't necessarily think it's insane! I had to stop on this post because it made me laugh -- we having bought a similar Ford van (only 12 seats mind you) last year -- and that is exactly what I said, that it was rather dreamy that no child even had to sit by another child and when they are all in the back, I hardly know they are there. Only, I must admit, your black with black tinted windows has a much more "I'm totally awesome with my huge van" feel than our tan one does. Anyway, good work on raising such darling kids!