Thursday, July 28, 2011

Still here

We are loving this summer break. We have been busy busy. We are not used to having 3 whole months of break for summer, and I thought I would be going crazy by now, ready to have the kids back in school. Not the case, though. I am actually dreading the end of summer. The kids have been awesome this summer!


I have not heard "I'm bored" once. The kids are happy to just sleep in, veg out, swim, and whatever else they can find to do. There are plenty of friends around, too, to keep them busy. I think they are enjoying the laziness as much as I am, so they are perfectly content to just hang out at home. They are all getting along, too, for the most part. It has been great.


We have been traveling alot this summer. Much more than we usually do. I have a lot to post:


Baseball tournaments in Utah

Philmont Scout Camp in New Mexico (amazing!)

Hopefully, a trip to Disneyland soon, because we have passes that we have to use by September.

Taylor's 1st year at Girl's Camp.


I will leave you with this picture of Taylor just before she headed up to Camp. This is the first year in 5 years that I haven't been to camp. Bummer to miss Tate's 1st year :( I have pictures of these 3 girls on the left on their first day of Kindergarten together. Now, I have pictures of them on their 1st day of Camp. Where is the time going? They are getting to be so grown up.




So, a little recap of Camp. Trust me, if you know Taylor, I got very specific details of every minute of Camp. However, I will spare you the play-by-play. She loved Camp. She slept out under the stars the first night. It kind of surprises me how much of a camper she is. She is such the quiet reserved brainy type, but she really loves the outdoors. Camping, hiking, fishing. I love that about her.


Anyway, it was kind of a bummer that her 1st year at Camp came the week after Philmont. She said Philmont was way more fun, so she kept comparing Girls Camp to Philmont. Philmont was an amazing experience for her. She had Firesides and Testimony meetings with the General YM Presidency of the Church, and General Primary President. Talk about once in a lifetime. She loved both Camps, and I am so greatful for the experiences that all of my kids have had this summer. I will post all about Philmont soon.

No comments: