Monday, December 8, 2008

Blake...

Blake started playing the violin when she was 3 years old. She came up to me one day and said,"Mom, can I have a violin?" I asked her how, at 3 years old, did she even know what a violin was. I kind of dismissed it, and after a few months of her nagging me, I signed her up for lessons. 5 years and 5 violins later, she is quite the little musician! She has never once asked to quit and she looks forward to her violin lessons. She had a recital on Saturday. She played 3 group numbers, a duet, and a solo, and she was great! Good job Blakey!
Blake has left us for 9 days to go on a cruise to the Caribbean with Nana, Papa, and Hailey! I hope you're having a great adventure sweetie! We love you and will see you soon!

7 comments:

Church Fam said...

Love all your pics. Also can you send me your address? my e-mail is tiffchurch@juno.com

Carol said...

now i feel bad for declining kristens constant request to play the violin. i told her she had to learn piano first since that is the instrument we have in the house!

Jodi said...

Great job Blake. I happen to think the violin is a great instrument. I wish I could have taken lessons as a young girl. I'm so glad you are sticking with it! The violin will become a special friend to you in your life. Keep up the good work.

Laurie Mitton said...

Great job Blake!! You are so very talented to be able to play such a beautiful instrument. The violin always has such a sweet sound. We'd love to hear you play sometime. Have fun on you vacation you and Emilee will have stories to swap, next July our whole family is going on a cruise down to the Caribbean. It's our Christmas Present from my parents. Emilee's grandma and grandpa will be going too. Have a great time you and Emilee wil have to get together when you come home. I know she's dying ro play wuith you.
The Mitton's

Kristin said...

GREAT JOB BLAKE, and you too kir, i know how much mom involvment it takes. we'll be lucky to make it to 5 years. we're at almost 4 and just finishing up book 2!! SLOW going!!

Carol Woolworth said...

Sooo Beautiful! Our Woodgie. We love her.

Carol Woolworth said...

Blake is so good at violin shes awesome
Hailey Anne