Friday, February 6, 2009

A day out with my girls

I hate to admit that I am not the mom that goes on all the field trips. Dropping the kids off for the field trips is more my style. However, Dylan is getting older and easier to take places, so I volunteered for Brooklyn's preschool field trip. We went to Andersen Dairy. I can't believe I have never been there, and I grew up here.

Afterwards, we went to the park and played...

Diddy made it all the way up to the top of the rock wall and then she got stuck. I told her,"Hold on really tight for a minute while I get a picture." I'm nice, huh? Wish I had something more exciting to post. We have managed to venture outside quite a bit this week. The weather has been nice and I have been trying to capture some good photos for my photography class. So far I've taken about 200 pictures and there are only about 4 that I'm not embarrassed to show. I know that I need to be more patient and learn little by little. But I just want to know everything right now so I can take amazing pictures!

8 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

Anderson dairy is fun for the kids! Cute pics!

Kristin said...

I feel ya and the wanting to be really good and NOW!! I got my first dslr 4 years ao and am finally feeiling like i'm kinda good, just remeber you are your own worst critique! Your pictures look good to me!! LOve the one of the kids on the swing!

Kristin said...

I forgot you aske me about my photography class and i can't remember if i ever answered you. It is an online corse ths is a really cool set up we have a message board where we get our assingnments and ask questions and weekly live chat with the teacher. the website is www.wendyschulzphotography.com where are you taking your class? Are you learing alot? we really need to get together!

Anonymous said...

What class? I so need a class. I am way too crazy with my camera. I want to be able to take amazing pictures too. I just feel overwhelmed. Fun outing day! Your girls are so cute!

Lesley Barr Photography said...

Kirsten,

Hi, I found your blog thru another blog (I can't remember the name). I am an old high school friend of Jim's and wanted to say hi. You probably don't remember me. I met you at my nephew's baptism (Trever Unruh) and saw you and Jim at PF Chang's not too long ago. Your family is beautiful!!! I see you are learning photography - you will LOVE it. I started my photography business almost two years ago and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. You can see my work at www.lesleybarrphotography.com if you want.

Katie said...

Kirsten this is Eric Myers. Wow 5 kids what beautiful children. Do you realize if you have one more girl you will have 6 just like the Myers.

Brett, Jaymie, McKaleigh, Colton, Alex said...

It looks so warm there! We currently got 2 inches of snow last night, and I am just trying to make it till Spring. You have turned into such a wonderful wife and mother - I miss you!

Heather said...

Well....small world. Your friend Kristin is taking a class from the same teacher that I LOVE. Wendy is AMAZING. I just signed up for her advanced class. The beginner wait list is 100 people long. So if you hopped on maybe in a year you'd get in??? We can talk more if your interested.
BTW, thanks for coming on the field trip. I may need to borrow some of your pics for the end of the year book. I didn't have my camera :(