Friday, February 20, 2009

Jack of all trades

Seriously, my husband knows how to do everything! Wednesday night, I came home from the Temple, and he had just whipped together this little computer station upstairs for the kids...made out of knotty alder with a dark chocolate stain (he knows me so well). It's only half finished, but it's enough to finally plug the kids computers in out in the open. We will have 3 computers up there very soon. I know, sickening, huh? These are hand-me-down computers from my computer geek husband (but in a good way :D ). Jim occasionally feels the need to upgrade the computer, and it is about that time again. Here he is building our massive new computer with 3 hard drives & 2 video cards???!! He has it plugged into the projector because the monitors (yes, plural) are plugged into the old computer downstairs. I don't know why we need 2 monitors. I guess in case Jack Bauer calls and needs us to look something up!

I'm definitely not complaining. I actually think our home full of EXCESSIVE technology gadgets is pretty cool. Who wouldn't want a DVR in every room, completely networked & hard-wired to your computer? And someday I will post pictures of the theatre room/master bedroom where our TV is actually a 75 inch projector screen that comes down out of our ceiling. Seriously, are all men like this?

6 comments:

Berk said...

Actually, it is 175 inch projector screen!!

Kristin said...

Jack Bauer....he he...that's funny!! I need to see your house, but it needs to be messy so we'll be even!!

Katie Morgan said...

Holy jealous!! I wish my hubby was more of a handy man!

Chandra said...

Jason's quite handy he's just not tech savvy. We have a computer in the box from two years ago that we were going to set up for the kids, only neither of us are brave enough to tackle it. Jim, did you set up an account just so you could correct that!!

Linde said...

All I can say is I'm jealous! What to make me a computer desk for all of my kids?? I can't wait to see pictures. By the way...I love the new beautiful picture of your kids!

Jess said...

My husband would love to have all that computer stuff in our house. And to have a theatre room/master bedrrom with a drop down screen would be a dream come true for him. :) He is a computer geek too in a good way. It is definitely nice to have a handy many around.