Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pictures

I am loving my photography class. It's like photography for dummies which is perfect for me. The class is through UNLV, but at a camera shop and my teachers are this couple that have been photographers in Vegas for like 30 years. I am learning so much, and it is so interesting to me. I turned this picture in for homework this week. I learned that it is totally over-exposed, but the best part is that I learned WHY. My aperture and shutter speed were fine, but my ISO was way too high. I wasn't even aware of what my ISO was set at (I've never changed it). So, I learned what my ISO should've been at. I wish I had known that before because I like that picture of Dylan. Oh, well.
Brookie loves to sing. While Taylor's at school, she will listen to Tate's mp3 player for hours, singing along. She was downstairs waiting for me to take her to school, and I found her like this. I had to take a picture, because she looked so grown up. Guess what she was listening to??? That's right Bon Jovi- Livin' on a Prayer. That's my girl!

6 comments:

Carol said...

didn't realize you were in a class. way to go! i should do that someday.

Unknown said...

Hey Kirsten, what is your favorite ISO? I love 800 :-) Anyway, it is great that you go to photografy class. Please more pictures! Standa

Kristin said...

That is awesome, i was going to ask about your class. Are you shooting in raw, little fixes like over or underexposure can be fixed in raw. Of corse you want to learn how to get it right IN camera but raw is great because we aren't perfect!! Good luck, next time you get together with sara invite ME!!

Kristin said...

1 more thing, have you read bryan petersons understanding exposure. It's awesome and i learned so much from those pages!

Jason & Claire said...

Is there anything you don't do? She does look so old in that picture.

PS- don't check my blog- I haven't taken pictures with anything but my phone in months!

Sara said...

Shows how LITTLE I know about taking pictures, despite loving photography, because these two pictures are AMAZING! :-)