Saturday, August 9, 2008

Back from Camp

So, camp was really interesting...I think this is my 7th year up at Camp Stimpson, and I have never seen ANYTHING like what we experienced this week. We got up there on Tuesday morning, and the weather was great. We started getting settled in, and noticed the dark clouds...we hurried and put up the tarps and the pop-ups. Then it started POURING and HAILING all over us. We (the leaders) immediately started digging trenches around all the tents. We spent about 5 hours digging trenches to keep our tents from flooding. We managed to keep all of our stuff dry, for the most part, but it wouldn't stop raining. This was not just a little bit of rain. It was a constant down-pour of heavy rainfall. They had to evacuate us! I was glad to get home, get warm, and take a hot shower. I was freezing from digging in the mud.

So, we headed back up the mountain Wednesday morning, and it started pouring AGAIN! For about 4 hours, I think. We all just stayed in our tents and read "Breaking Dawn". I finished it (loved it!). Anyway, the sky cleared and we had pretty good weather the rest of the week, but it felt like we lost 2 days of camp and it went by too fast. Lots of amazing spiritual experiences and bonding with the girls! I love my calling!

I came home to a half-empty house! Taylor, Blake, and Brooklyn went to Idaho to see Jim's sister and their cousins. So, for a week, I will only have Lincoln and Dylan! It will be easy to catch up on stuff with only 2 kids at home.

TaylorBlake and Brookie:

I hope you guys are having lots of fun playing with your cousins and Grandma, Heidi, and Heather! You are so lucky! I will see you very, very soon! Be good, take lots of pictures, and don't forget your "indiwiginal prayers". Love you girls! -Mom

4 comments:

Carol said...

glad you survived camp. did your moms rainsuit come in handy???

kristen wanted me to tell you she is very upset! Blake was NEVER home and now she's not even in the state! poor girl is disgusted with this :)

FrankNApril said...

Kirsten,
That is crazy about all the rain! Aubreana had fun! That is nice them kiddies are gone for a week! Way nice! It sounds like you hopefully will have a calm week??? Try to relax a bit! Your ward is LUCKY they have you!!! April

Chandra said...

Yea it looked pretty nasty in that direction, gray clouds and all. Mud and camp don't work too well together. Glad you had a good time!!

Linde said...

I can't believe it rained so much! Glad that you all survived. At least you got to finish the book:) I loved it too! What are you going to do with only 2 kids at home? Probably alot!