Sunday, July 5, 2009

The 4th

I hope everyone had a great 4th. I know we did. We got up early and went out to Warm Springs with the Ward. Of course, I forgot my camera. There was a great turn-out, so the kids had fun. It's alot different from what I remember. No rope swing, no cliffs, no slide. I told my kids they were gonna get to do all of these things...yeah, it's all gone now. There's pretty much just a big swimming pool with alot of bees flying around. Lincoln said, "This is lame. We should've just swam in our pool." They had fun playing with their friends, though.
After we got home, we invited friends and family over to BBQ and swim at our house. The last 4 years we have gone to the Van Alfen's for the 4th, 'cause their backyard is HUGE. But, they ditched us and went to Utah this year, so we had to settle for our crowded backyard. It was pretty crazy.
Dylan snuck in to do a puzzle. That's how she spends most of her time these days. She even put it together upside down with the cardboard side facing up. ??? She thinks if she can't see me, then I can't see her :D


My cute nephew Courage. His dad is full Sioux Indian. He has 7 little Indian brothers and sisters.

This is my niece Britten. Isn't she so cute! She is only 2 weeks older than Taylor. It is so nice having the cousins so close in age. She and Taylor are even in the same class at school.

Dad and Brookie having a conversation about something...

Um, I'm pretty sure there's a hotdog in there somewhere.

After 3 hours, Robby finally conquered the Rubix Cube. Lol.

Wow. Do we look tired? Long day.

Blake had been planning for 2 weeks to have a hotdog stand on the 4th. So, when it was time for fireworks, she started selling...after we had all eaten ALOT all.day.long. I think she made $4. So, thank you to everyone who bought hotdogs from Blake! She even had one of her cousins walk around outside in a hotdog costume to advertise (yes, we have a hotdog costume). Blake is going to make us rich one day.

Little Pyros.

6 comments:

Brett, Jaymie, McKaleigh, Colton, Alex said...

I spent quite a bit of time thinking about our old July 4th days...It was crazy but fun, and I sure miss all of those old times!

Kristin said...

Looks like a funfilled LONG day just like us, I slept in until 9:00 at my in-laws on suday morning, they probably think I am super lazy but o-well, I was tired!

Blake said...

I made $4.25!!! Pretty obvious! She didn't want to wear the costume though:'( I HAD to pay everyone because dad mentioned it! I payed Hailey's friend and Hailey and had two bucks leftover and I gave them one buck so I had to give Lincoln a dollar so I got left with a dollar:(

Carol said...

hey those little pyros were at last years party! we are SOOOOO joining you next year...no more leaving town for us!!!!! love Blakes little hotdog stand, that girl cracks me up.

Chandra said...

Yea, Warm Springs just doesn't have the charm it used to. The 4th looked fun... tell Blake I'd have bought a dog off of her!! We'll have to get together and BBQ one night since we missed out on the fun.

Jason & Claire said...

Warm Springs makes me sad now.

Blake's hot dog stand is adorable. She's one of a kind;)

Why do kids always think you can't see them when they can't see you?