Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mary Jane Falls


Carol and I and my mom decided to take the kids up to Mt. Charleston to hike Mary Jane Falls the other day. The weather was amazing. It was cool and overcast. We had a great time. The kids had a blast playing in the waterfall. It's a long hike for little kids (3 miles total). They all did really well. Even Diddy made it up to the top by herself! I had to carry her most of the way down, though, because she fell asleep. The kids had so much fun that they want to go back and hike Big Falls which is about 2 miles further up from MJ Falls. That would make 7 miles total. I don't think we can take Diddy on that one.

6 comments:

Carol Woolworth said...

oh my gosh! Those pictures turned out so good. I want to see all the rest of them. We had such a fun time.

Brett, Jaymie, McKaleigh, Colton, Alex said...

Looks like fun! We too wish we could come swimming at your house...maybe someday!

Carol said...

i didn't see you in there Kirsten!!! looks like fun, we'll have to do it sometime.

Linde said...

I love all the walking sticks. Too cute!

Doralee said...

Looks like you all had fun! I need to go up there more often. Sometimes I forget that there is respite from this insane heat just 45 minutes away.

Jason & Claire said...

Okay, this post made me want to go up there so bad. They look like they're having such a great time...especially Lincoln. His pose in that first one is hilarious.