Sunday, January 31, 2010

A haircut for Lincoln and a few tears from his mama


I knew eventually the day would come when we would have to cut Lincoln's hair. I've dreaded it. He's had long hair ever since I can remember. We decided to trim it up at first. Shoulder length is just waaaayyyy too long. So, we trimmed it up, and it ended up being really poofy. He has so much new curl in the back. It didn't look right; not like it usually does when we trim it up. So, after a lot of thought (seriously, A LOT), we decided to hack it off. He LOVES it! I am so glad. I was worried about him not liking it. I shed a few tears, but I'm getting used to it. I don't know what it is. I could change my girls' hair in a second, but I'm so sentimental about my boy. I cried his first day of Kindergarten, and it never even phased me dropping my girls off for Kindergarten. I can't imagine how it will be when he goes on his mission and gets married.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks great... But I feel like crying too!

Kristin said...

Love LOVE LOVE the new do!! I agree with you about the boy thing. They are just our little men! (unless all the times you cried you were pregnant, then it just might have been hormones!)

Jason & Claire said...

Stud Muffin;)

Linde said...

He looks older! I know how you feel. I remember when I first moved there he had shorter hair so it has been a LONG time since then. He looks like a rock star! I love it.

Chandra said...

yesterday after church I was talking to Kristen and stopped mid sentence and said "is that Lincoln?" and sure enough it was w/ his new do. I think it looks great- now you can see more of that handsome face!

Carol said...

he looks SO cute! but totally different. his hair still has personality...total rock star!

Jess said...

It looks great! He is such a handsome boy!

Wendi said...

He looks great. It may be shorter but still has so much personality!!