Thursday, May 6, 2010

Life

We are starting to settle into a routine now, I guess, if you can call it that. Things are a little crazy. Here's how it is with 6 kids:

Up at 7am, because the baby wants to eat.

7:30am- try to drag the kids out of bed for school. This is no easy task. My kids are not

early risers.

8:15- The 3 oldest leave on their bikes.

8:35- I take Brooklyn to school, because she can't ride a bike yet.

9:00-City Stop for a Pepsi, if I'm lucky enough to have Jim stay home with the 2 little ones.

9:30- Dylan's ride for school is here, and now maybe I can eat something. Oh, wait...nope, the baby is hungry again.

10:00- I get breakfast and hurry and put a load of laundry in and do the dishes. That will leave me just enough time to work-out before I have to go pick up Brooklyn & Dylan from school.

12:00pm- get home from the Kindergarten/Preschool carpool. Lunchtime. Try to do some more laundry, but probably just hold Levi because he's fussy. Try to dust and vacuum and clean up one-handed...sometimes we have piano lessons or errands to run.

3:45- where did the afternoon go? Did I get anything done around the house? The older kids get home from school and the madness really starts.

Everyone's starving. They all need a snack. "What's for dinner?" (I will get asked that question 5 times, at least). Now starts the homework, reading, piano practicing, dinner, showers, scriptures, prayer, bedtime ( by 9pm if we are lucky).

Phew, I get some time to myself. Oh, wait...we have a newborn. I have to hold fussy Levi some more. I really don't mind that much, though, as long as I can just veg on the couch. By this time, I can't move anymore. I try to account for what I ate during the day, because I need to lose the baby weight, but I'm not really sure exactly what I ate. It's all a blur.

Think about the agenda for tomorrow. Try to figure out how I am going to be 3 places at once AGAIN! I need a couple of clones.

10:30-11-Levi finally falls asleep. He will sleep til about 4 or 5am. I know, I'm lucky. Tender mercy. I get in bed and start reading my scriptures, because I am reading the Book of Mormon in 100 days. Why does everything always have to be so rushed and hurried all the time?

Do this all by myself for the next 4 days, because Jim is at Woodbadge again.


Photobucket
Last night, I went up to the mountain and saw my hubby receive his Woodbadge Beads. This is a BIG DEAL for Scout people. Last year, he went up and was trained at Woodbadge. During the year, he "worked his tickets" and earned his beads at the Stake Court of Honor.

Shortly after Woodbadge, last year, they called him and asked him to be on Staff this year. This is a HUGE honor. He was humbled and a little embarrassed, because people wait for YEARS to be on Woodbadge Staff, and he got called right away. He wouldn't even let me tell anyone for a long time. That's my boy! Anyway, they had a special Court of Honor last night for the Staffers and he received his Staff Beads. Yay! I am so proud of him. He is up there training the leaders of our youth, and teaching them how to mold and shape our YM & YW. I love it. He is the troop leader for the Ravens, but he was trained as a Bear, and he will always be a bear. The guy actually said, "Let the BEADING begin!" I had to chuckle to myself, because it sounded like,"Let the BEATING begin." Jim always laughs at my nerdy sense of humor. I think I just may be the funniest person in the world :)

I used to wonder why the Lord only sent us one boy and four girls, when Jim has always been so involved in Scouting and Young Mens. He has impacted so many lives. Why, on earth, do we have so many girls? I'm grateful we have another boy for him, though. I am proud of you, Jimmers, and all your hard work. I support you %100.

PS- that picture was taken with my phone, so don't judge.

Speaking of my husband, who totally ROCKS! My kids have been obsessed with these little "Mighty Beans" lately. If your boys don't have them, you must get some. Jim, being the genius that he is, decided to build the kids a Might Beans Track. Think miniature Pinewood Derby...seriously, they are the cutest little things, though.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This track has occupied my kids for hours lately. How nice to have a husband that can just whip up something like this in, like, 10 minutes. I will never be able to park in my garage because of the tools, but look at the bright side...he is building memories out there, right?

4 comments:

Doralee said...

Great post! Congrats to Jim! That's awesome for him, but more awesome for our youth. Thank you for all that you do for the YW too! You are such a great example for my girls.

Leslie said...

That's what your families life is all about right now, building family memories an strengthening the family unity.

Congratulations to our Jimmers. Is a remarkable man!!!

I love you all!

Julie said...

Hey, I totally get that whole mighty bean thing. Rylan can't get enough of them. I love the track!

Brett, Jaymie, McKaleigh, Colton, Alex said...

My three year old is sitting on my lap looking at your Mighty Beans pics and he says " look mom, thats a fun game - we need to get that track" Our list of "needs" is neverending!