Monday, July 26, 2010

Back

I am back from Girl's Camp. We all had a great time. Lots of giggling and silly songs. I am a true mountain woman. We leaders decided we were not showering the entire week, and we even took our tents down and slept outside the last night. Several of the girls even joined the "No Shower Club" and slept outside with us. Good times!

I came home to a spotless house, and 6 little kids who were missing me. Their dad took great care of them, and they had a great week. I missed Levi soooo much, and couldn't wait to kiss his little face off.

Now reality is setting in, and this week has quickly filled up already! Ugh! Sleepovers, plans with friends, immunizations, auditions for Sounds of Music, scouts, piano lessons, shopping with sisters, and 2 birthday parties. Oh, and Lincoln just got picked up on another club team, so we can add a couple of baseball practices to that.

I did a ton of laundry today, so I am getting caught up on that. It's amazing how it gets piled up when you don't do it for 6 days. I decided to go to Cafe Rio today for lunch with friends instead of going to the grocery store. My kids are asking me what's for dinner, and I don't know what to tell them. Pancakes, I guess.

Jim cleaned the carpet in the family room while I was gone. It looks so much better. We have never lived in a house long enough that we needed to start repainting, and replacing furniture and carpet. I really want my house repainted, but I just don't want to do it myself. There's only so much you can clean up on the walls with Clorox wipes. Ya know? If Jim took the kids away for a few days, I bet I could paint the whole house. I love my babies, but it is nearly impossible to accomplish anything when you are constantly being interrupted to fulfill their little needs. Someday we will get to it :)

Enough of my randomness. I will have a real post coming soon....with pictures.

1 comment:

Carol said...

:( no comments??? my bad. i read this last week and forgot to comment. so just to show you some love...glad your back. glad camp was fun but is over. jack had a blast at the party, thanks for the invite ;)