Friday, July 9, 2010

Lately

So, here are the happenings...


  • The kids finally finished school. Hallelujiah! It is just too hot to be in school. We will now LIVE in the swimming pool until the fall.

  • All of the kids got straight "A" Honor Roll. I was surprised this year at how few kids got it. There were a lot of "A-B"'s this year. Blake barely skinned by. The morning of the assembly she said, "Mom, I don't think I did it." I started crying when she got "A" HR, because she worked so hard this year. I am so proud of her.

  • Taylor got her Great American Award.

  • Blake got her Nevada Citizenship Award. Both really difficult awards to get. So proud of their hard work.

  • Lincoln got the Awesome Gladiator Award for his hard work on his writing this year. Ms. Vela started talking about a little boy who started out hating writing, and then by the end of the year was writing pages. She caught me off guard. Right away I knew she was talking about Lincoln, and I started crying. I am so proud of him. He used to just scribble all over the page, because he hated writing so much.

  • Brooklyn graduated Kindergarten, and Taylor is moving on to Middle School. This was the last year that I will have 4 kids at the same school together. Taylor is sooooo ready to move on. Next step will be Young Women's.

  • Dylan has one more year of Preschool and then Kindergarten.

  • Levi is just barely 4 months old. He is rolling over already, and can do an army crawl and get to whatever toy he wants. I AM NOT EVEN KIDDING!!! Hello! Who told him he could move so fast! Slow down!!

  • Lincoln got baptized. That's a huge one. So proud of my little man.

So, Jim took the kids camping this weekend, and I am enjoying the peace and quiet. It's amazing what you can do when there are not 100 interruptions during the day. They only left yesterday, and already the laundry is done, folded and put away, and the house is clean. I am free to veg.

I have been training really hard since Levi was a month old, because I knew that I had the Mt. Charleston Hike coming up. 18 miles. Ugh. I have been running a lot, and doing a lot of pre-hikes to prepare. We did a 5 miler, a 7 miler, and we did Griffith Peak (10 miles).

So, the big hike is tomorrow, and why do I not feel prepared!!! Is it because I am not quite back to my old self, yet, after having Levi? Is it because I have not quite yet forgotten how HARD it was last year?? Is it because I don't think my new hiking shoes are quite broken in enough? Maybe. I am terrified. I have been thinking of a million excuses not to go. Levi is teething. That's a good excuse, right? I'M GOING, OK?! Wish me luck.

My next post will have lots of pictures. Lincoln's baptism and the camping trip. Jim took my camera, so I have no pictures to post this time :)


Also, if you are a MOM and you have not seen this, you MUST watch it. It is inspiring, and a good reminder of why we do what we do.

3 comments:

Carol said...

ok...that totally made me cry. thanks for the little reminder.

had no idea you were doing a big hike. you are braver than me!

congrats to all your kids accomplishments...especially the one where they are DONE with school!

Jess said...

Love that message! Good luck on the hike tomorrow! You will do great because you have worked so hard.

Congrats to your kids for all their hard work!

Sara said...

I am getting a pedicure ( treating myself for an incredibly long week with the twins) and I am crying after watching that video. Beautiful. Made me feel like the last 24 hours were all for a good reason! Love you, Kir!