Friday, August 27, 2010

Lincoln's First Raingutter Regatta

Photobucket

Lincoln had his first Raingutter Regatta at Scouts last night. How cute is that boat! He painted and sanded that thing all by himself. I was at Taylor's middle school open house, but we showed up just in time to see him win FIRST PLACE!!! Yay! Congrats to my Brotha Dude!

While I'm on the ole blog, I might as well post the happenings:

We have spent the week getting ready for school to start. We are all set, thankfully, because my car broke down on the way home from getting the girls at Activity Days. Ugh! Thankfully, my Bro in Law has an awesome off-road truck shop. So, my car is awaiting to be fixed. Most likely, the fuel pump. It really bugs me when things break.

The kids are soooooo ready to be back to school, and so.am.I. They have been pretty good this summer about arguing and fighting, but I can tell they are really starting to get on eachother's nerves. They need time apart :) I think school is just what the Dr. ordered. I am not ready to give up my sleeping in days, though. I am not a morning person.

Levi is crawling. Yep. Not even 6 months old. Why can't he just stay a baby? He has moved in with Lincoln in his big crib, and LOVES it. He has started sleeping through the night. Yay! He wakes up around 7:30am to eat, and then back to bed til about 10:30am. I can't complain about that. He practically holds his own bottle anyway.

Things have been so crazy busy lately. Jim has been slammed at work, and I have been helping him a lot. That has put me behind on some things, but I've been behind on everything since I had Dylan. So, whatev. We've got another Youth Conference coming up, and that has occupied a lot of Jim's time, too.

Lincoln is playing on 2 baseball teams right now. His Club team and Little League. That makes for 4 games a week and tournaments for us. Not including all the Scrimmages that his coach puts together for the Club team. Lincoln is happy, though, because he's playing lots of baseball. He got an expensive new bat ( I don't want to talk about it) and he has had some hitting lessons. This boy has so much heart. He is the kid that has 5 hours of practice, but still wants to stay late and catch some more grounders and pop flies with his dad. I'm proud of his dedication.

Sometimes I think back on the days when I only had one or two kids. I honestly don't remember them all that well, but I know I had more spare time. This Saturday, alone, we have 2 baseball games, 1 baseball practice, the UFC fight party, and I promised Brooklyn I would take her to the movies. Somehow, we always seem to get everything done :)

No comments: