Thursday, February 18, 2010

The everyday...

Everyday at 3:40pm, my phone starts ringing off the hook. Every.single.day. 90% of the calls are for Blake. She takes her phone calls and then she's out the door to play with friends.

I love, love, LOVE it when Taylor plays the piano just for the fun of it. Today she came home and started playing songs out of her "Wicked" (the musical) songbook. She is an amazing sight-reader. I love to hear her music playing through the house. She reminds me of myself when I was her age. When I was 11, my dad bought me that piano. Now my 11 year old plays on it. It gets me a little choked up...I'm sure my mom is crying right now as she reads this :)


Brooklyn has been doing really well at her piano lessons. She's been working really hard on her songs for Junior Festival next month. She even marked her music. She circled the mp and wrote cwiit (quiet) next to it. I love it!!!


Lincoln had a baseball tournament last weekend. They did really well. They made it to the semifinals, and only lost by 1. They are getting really good. Lincoln plays in the outfield (which he is not happy about). He is by far the youngest on the team, though, so he understands. He is only 7 and all the other kids are 9 or turning 9. He is really good at his position, and never lets the ball get by. He is very reliable, and gets the balls in quick. He definitely does his job out there. We are really proud of him. He saved at least 4 runs this weekend.



His tournament was at the Big League Dreams fields. They are smaller-scaled replicas of big league stadiums. They are the coolest fields EVER. We played at Angel Stadium. It is so nice. I love going to his games there.

3 comments:

Carol said...

ya...Kristen has given up on Blake. She just can't compete ;(

i can't believe you got that piano when you were 11... you must have been a goooooood girl!

Jess said...

I love the sound of the piano being played and hope that at least one of my kids will love to play the piano. The "cwiit" is too cute! That stadium looks awesome and Lincoln looks like a pro.

hailey said...

That is sooo cute I bet Blake has ALOT of friends.Brookie is dooing soo good and she just keeps getting cuter. WOW I can't believe that you were Tates age when you got that piano.