Friday, February 26, 2010

Just waiting

I've been in the hospital 3 times already with pre-term labor. I've had about all the shots I can handle, and I am on medication to tame the contractions. I am contracting right through the medication, though. I had an amnio yesterday to see if his lungs are ready, and I was sad for the results. "Not even close" were my doctor's exact words. We were scheduled to induce last night, if the amnio looked good. I am not sad that we didn't have the baby last night. I am more worried that I will go into labor and he's not ready. As of last week, I was more than 3 cm dilated, and I keep having contractions. I am doing all I can to keep this baby in. When I was pregnant with Brooklyn, my water broke at 36 weeks. She had to stay in the hospital for a week. I need to cook this baby a little longer.

On another note...turns out that this baby is CRAZY!!! I have been so worried about him being breech, but it turns out that he is breech, then his head is down, then he's sideways, then he's flipped again. The nurse at the perinatologist had to chase him down for 20 minutes to try to get the heart monitor on him. She said that in all her years she has NEVER seen movement like that, and she has seen thousands of patients. And, during the ultrasound, he flipped right from head down to breech right before our eyes!! They asked me if he always moves that much, and I said "Yeah". I just thought it was normal. All my babies have been crazy like that. They said that he moves waaaaaay more than most babies. So, my sweet doctor calls me last night to break the news that we can't induce, and tells me that he is a little worried about all that movement from the baby. Not to mention, I have a TON of fluid. There is a potential for the cord getting wrapped around him. So, now I'm all paranoid about that. He said that he is definitely taking him at 38 weeks, if he hasn't come already. I can't stand the thought of being pregnant for 2 more weeks. Let me re-phraise that. I can't stand the thought of being in labor for 2 more weeks. The sitting around timing contractions, not knowing if I should go to the hospital or wait it out to see if they stop. The anxiety is taking it's toll on me.

The kids are DYING! They want to meet him sooooo bad. They rushed home from school yesterday to hear bad news. Lincoln cried and moped around all afternoon :( It doesn't help that our house all of a sudden looks like Babies R Us. I have such amazing, talented friends. I should post some of the cute stuff that we've received for our baby boy. Dylan asks me everyday, "When is the baby brother coming out?" We are all just waiting....

5 comments:

Jess said...

I sent you an email before I read this post. I am sooo sorry, I can't imagine what you are going through. The unknown is so hard! I can't believe he is still turning around. You are in my prayers! Hang in there!

Carol said...

ahh man! sorry things didn't turn out. Are they giving you stuff to speed up his development???? I don't want you to have a nicu baby...that is the worst! let me know if you need anything!

Unknown said...

Wow!!! I have been checking religiously since your last few posts because I thought he would be here by now, but yes, let's get him to cook a little longer!!!

I don't know if it will make you feel better, but I have had friends who had an amnio that said the lungs weren't developed and then they had the baby two days later with no issues whatsoever. Maybe a few extra days is all you need!

Kristin said...

Bummer about the amnio. Hope he comes but only when he can be born healthy!! I'm praying for you!♥ you!

Linde said...

When I had Kooper early and he had to be in the nicu they called him a wimpy white boy because the lungs of little white boys develop so slow. I feel for ya! I bet your kids are so stinkin' excited. I can only imagine. It gets better with every kid because there is just so much more love to go around. Can't wait to hear. Hang in there, hopefully it won't be too much longer! (((Big hugs)))