Sunday, March 14, 2010

Pause




This is the only picture I have for today. I have not had my camera out much, and have not really even been on my computer all that much. This picture was taken the day after Levi was born...on Brooklyn's birthday, actually. I love this shot. It just captures what we have all been doing for the last 11 days.

A couple nights ago, I was thinking how I wish I could just push pause on life for a while. I want to keep my kids this age. I was looking around the family room, and Taylor was doing her homework, Blake was reading a book, Lincoln was holding the baby, and Brooklyn & Dylan were watching cartoons. It was quiet. I was grateful for that moment.

I feel blessed to have a supportive husband, who I am crazy in love with, and I know he feels the same about me. I am blessed to have 6 beautiful, amazing, helpful, loving children who bring me more joy than I could ever have thought possible. It feels good to be happy. I just want to push pause.

I have a hard time with change, and it seems like I have had alot of it lately. I don't ever change my hairstyle, I always order the same things at restaurants, I don't like trying new brands of food at the grocery store.

We had some changes in Young Womens recently that I am so sad about. 3 of my leaders are leaving to go be the new Primary Presidency. I am sad to lose them. That shows you the calibur of leaders I was able to work with in the YW. So, once again, we are changing things, and I will soooooo miss my friends :(

We had a successful dinner/auction fundraiser for YW's over the weekend. Although, I didn't do much to help, I am glad to check it off the list and move on. I am so thankful to the leaders who worked so hard to pull it off.

Speaking of change....I am going to try to change my license plate this week :)

I am soooo glad we are finally on track break. My kids are a HUGE help with the baby. I feel like we have all been pulling together lately to try to keep up with things. I have to say, though, having 6 kids is not much different from having 5. If you have 5 kids, you can definitely handle 6. I am quickly falling behind on cleaning on laundry. That darn never ending laundry. It seems like all I do is laundry, yet nobody ever has clean socks. Why is that???

I decided that I am giving myself permission to slack off. I am lowering my expectations. HA! There...I said it. Even though, I don't think Jim will believe me. I am giving myself time before everything has to be perfect again. I may even wait the whole 6 weeks before I start going back to the gym. That is my little gift to myself. Is there really anything wrong with laying around watching Dr. Phil, Oprah, and TLC shows all day long???

Life goes on. We are back in Spring season of Little league. The girls had Junior Festival yesterday. They both did really well, but we didn't stick around for their scores. We will find out tomorrow at piano lessons. Brooklyn had a really fun birthday party, despite her baby brother trying to steal her thunder. She will get her own birthday post soon.

I didn't really know what this post was going to be about, but I guess it is just random thoughts from a crazy mom :)

6 comments:

Heather said...

What a sweet shot.
You deserve to slack off.
Hello.....you just had baby 6!
Enjoy the time with your kids.
We miss YW too :(
It was a good bunch of leaders.
I'm sure we will have opportunities to serve with each other again and you will find wonderful people to replace us.
Maybe we can come to camp a day or two?? please...yes?

Kristin said...

I know how you feel about wanting to pause life, but at the same time I am excited for what the future will bring! I need to come see you and that beautiful baby!

Brett, Jaymie, McKaleigh, Colton, Alex said...

That whole post inspires me - to let my family know how much I love and appreciate them...

Linde said...

I loved every word of it. You deserve to slack and I hope you do it! What is your license plate going to say?? You are such a good mama and you have such a sweet family! Wish I could come visit you! ((big hugs))Love ya!

Jess said...

Please slack off, you deserve it. I loved your thoughts on pressing the pause button and enjoying these precious moments.
I am slowly getting used to the idea that I am not in YW anymore, but I miss it a ton! I am realizing that change is becoming harder for me as I get older and I'm not sure why.
Can't wait to see what you do for your license plate! :)

Jason & Claire said...

I know the feeling. Older people aren't lying when they say it gets faster as you get older. It made me sooooooo sad when you said you will miss your friends. I'll miss my friends too. I'm glad you're enjoying this precious time with your family welcoming Levi into the family.

I'm excited to see what you do for your license plate too;)