Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bling Bling

Brandon hooked us up this weekend! He got us a room at the Wynn Encore, and took us on a personal tour of his store. He manages the Wynn & Co. and the Rolex store in the Encore. I don't know how he isn't a nervous wreck being responsible for all of those diamonds!! I was nervous trying them all on! But it was alot of fun. I got to try on jewelry that costs several hundreds of thousands of dollars.
This was my favorite ring. I secretly want this ring, even though it is so huge I would never wear it. I love the color, though. It is a Mandarin Garnet, and I think Brandon said they are pretty rare.
Isn't that amazing!! I am not too interested in jewelry, but I really liked this ring.

This Rolex was $250K! They had some where the face was made out of meteor rock. I thought that was pretty cool since Jim & I have been obsessively watching all the Seasons of Smallville on DVD.
One of our favorite things is to just get away and stay at a hotel. Our room was soooo nice and we felt totally pampered. It was fun and a little bit shocking to see how "the other half" lives. I can't believe anyone would spend $250K on a watch. It's crazy to see what the "world" thinks is most valuable. It makes me grateful to know what I know. I hope I never lose sight of the big picture.

6 comments:

Laurie Mitton said...

WOW!!!!!!!!What a fun weekend, what a great time for you and Jim to get away. Rod and I need to get away without the kids. Unfortunately, Emilee thinks that Rod and I don't deserve to go out on "DATES". She thinks that we have them all the time little does she know, we only get to get away maybe once a month. You are so lucky!! Hope you get to do it again soon.

Jason & Claire said...

Glad you enjoyed yourselves so much. The room looks awesome. That jewelry is crazy!

Carol said...

holy cow...nice bling bling. i would be scared to walk around with that much dough on me... the room looks really nice. glad you had a fun little weekend.

luucky...

FrankNApril said...

I love the rooms there! I agree with u on the big picture and grateful for what u know! I hope u never lose sight of that too! It is a plush "world" around us! I AM HAPPY U HAD FUN! APRIL

Linde said...

How fun to get away for a break. It is always so fun. I secretly want that ring too! Good thing we have lots of kids that keep us in check huh? But it is fun to dream.

Kristin said...

Color me jealous, i really need a vacation, even just for a night. I was about to have a heartattack for a second there when i saw the picture, i thought you were going to say that you got a new ring!! TeeHee!