Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Guilty, part 2

Yes, I let my child go to school looking like that today. Yes, I know she looks like a homeless person. Remember my resolution about letting things go? Well, this is one of them. Our home is a much happier place when Blake gets to wear what she wants and leave her hair down in a scraggly mess. Her teacher probably thinks that I shouldn't be having all these kids if I can't even keep them looking presentable. I have decided to let Blake do what she wants, and it has made our home that much more peaceful, and I get to start my day without having a fight with Blake.
Brooklyn was being a big grouch yesterday, so Jim put her up on top of the fridge until she would smile. She can hold a grudge & keep a mad face longer than any of our kids. I hate to admit that sometimes it's fun to tease her just to see how mad she will get.

3 comments:

Linde said...

I love it! I think I'm going to start putting Kooper on top of the fridge...well, maybe not. He would turn it into a diving board! I love her little face in the picture!

Jason & Claire said...

Blake looks just fine. Good for you not sweating the small stuff. Okay, who'd of thought of putting someone on top of the fridge until they smile? Priceless!

Soares Family said...

You are too cute! I used to be like Blake, so she will grow out of it, then you will never get her out of the bathroom and never get anywhere on time! Brooklyn is too funny!