Saturday, January 10, 2009

Resolutions

As I have read so many blogs about New Year's resolutions, I have realized how completely flawed I am. I'm not putting myself down, either. It simply motivates me to be better. As a mother of 5 young children, I don't have much time to just sit and reflect. I can't even go to the bathroom in peace (you all know what I am talking about). So, I have decided to make a small list. Emphasis on small. If you don't expect too much, you aren't too disappointed when you fall short. Next year I will see how I did...
  • Find balance between my family & my calling.
  • Sacrifice more. There are things I can live without, which is why I will not be re-hiring my cleaning lady just yet.
  • Study more. Not just read.
  • Work less, play more. There is always something to be done. Life is too short to obsess over doing it all. Time to start letting some things go. But not too many things...
  • Serve more. There are more important things and people...enough said.
  • Eat healthier. I do not take care of myself. As for the Pepsi habit...maybe next year.
  • Simplify. It doesn't always have to be a 3 course meal. They're not gonna like it anyway.

4 comments:

Laurie Mitton said...

Kirsten, these all sound great. I can't kick the diet pepsi habit. I know how hard it is to keep New Year's resolutions. Rod and I have decided on three for the yr. And if we can do that we will add more as the yrs go by.

On another note Emilee has been asking on a daily basis to play with Blake. So we need to get the girls together.

Kristin said...

Good on ya, I refuse to make any resolutions because I don't want to be held accountable, instead we are making monthly goals as a family!!

Jason & Claire said...

I like your 'study more' one and you're so right about needing to play more. Life is short. That's a really good attitude to have. I love the way you put that.

FrankNApril said...

Kirsten,
Perfectly said! It's the small and simple things in life that will make the difference! Yeah for you! I find this post to be inspiring to me! April