Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Feeling guilty...sort of

I am the meanest mom ever. I made my kids ride their bikes to school this morning, even though they were begging me to drive them. It was freezing and windy outside. I bundled them up so tight with their beanies and gloves that they looked like they were going to play in the snow. And Lincoln complained the whole time that he looked fat in his big ole red ski jacket! He's a boy! What does he care? And Blake refuses to wear a heavy jacket because she's totally OCD, and so she freezes the whole way. Am I the worst mom, ever? I really couldn't drive them today, because I had to be somewhere early, but to be honest, I probably would've made them ride anyway...

5 comments:

mkruegel said...

It sounds like you are the worst mother ever. Just kidding your kids are so big already and i didn't know you had 5 you have your hands full.I am just starting out my own blog page no pictures of the kids yet hopefully in a few days. Oh by the way this is Marcie my blog is under the Kruegels

Linde said...

You are NOT mean! I made my kids walk home from school today and it was 19 degrees! It makes them tougher, right? It is just so much easier if they do it.

Soares Family said...

At least you gave them jackets... Mark just had a long sleeved T and a sweatshirt! It will give them a chance to tell the "when I was young I had to walk uphill in 2 in of snow..." story!!

Carol said...

well if your mean, than i am a big pushover! maybe it would be different if i wasn't already making the trip. although Samantha would ride any day, its me who refuses to do it.

Carol Woolworth said...

We only live 2 seconds from school and I drove my kids. I guess I'm better than you. I'm just kidding. I couldn't have made my kids walk today even if I wanted to. I forgot to set my alarm and we slept till 8:45...OOPS. We were out the door(without breakfast)at 9:00.

We used to have to stand at the bus stop in the cold everyday. That was torture.

You shouldn't feel bad, It makes them tuff. Besides, you can't be the worst mom ever because I let Westley wear shorts to school yesterday. At least you put warm clothes on your kids! That makes me the worst mom. Ok let's call it a tie.