Monday, January 19, 2009

A few new accessories and a rock band

My mother-in-law, Colleen, is so crafty! Look at these cute bracelets she made! The top one was my Christmas present. She & her husband made everybody in the family a bracelet by hand. From scratch. Like, they start with a piece of wire and make all the circles and tumble and polish them.

I asked them if they would make charm bracelets for all of my Young Women for "New Beginnings". They made each of the girls a bracelet, and all of the leaders! She also said that she would trade it out for a Sterling Silver bracelet when they earn their medallions. They are so amazing!I got glasses. I have never had them before, and didn't realize how bad my eye-sight was until I put these babies on. I have always been a little freaked out driving at night, because it was a little blurry :), but the doctor said I had no business driving at all. Period. Ooops. I guess the world is a safer place now!

Blake made cookies yesterday! I had to take a picture because I thought it was so cute how they were all squished together on the pan. I love that the girls are not afraid to try their hand at baking. My little Betty Crockers.
You know you are doing something right when you walk in the room and your kids are rocking out to Bon Jovi!! Yeah! I guess one advantage to having alot of kids is there is always someone to play Rock Band with.

10 comments:

Linde said...

I love the rock band picture. One thing about having lots of kids is that you could have a whole band:) I think that you look so cute with your glasses. I am seriously blind and should probably get some too. I love the jewlery! What a great idea.

Jess said...

I didn't realize that your mother-in-law made the jewelry from scratch. That is amazing! You look so cute in your new glasses and that Rock band picture is adorable.

Katie Morgan said...

Loved the jewelry. I wish I could do stuff like that! You look good in glasses.

Kristin said...

Love the new glasses. I had lasik 7 years ago and it was the best thing i ever did, but sometimes when I see a cute pair i go AAWWWW!

Carol Woolworth said...

Of course their rockin' out to Bon Jovi! We've been brainwashing them since they were infants.

Soares Family said...

You look good in glasses! I am in denial..I have them but only wear them when I drive at night cause I really can't fake it then!!
Thanks for being a great VT!!!!

Sommer said...

I'm thinking about contacts. I started wearing glasses in high school and I am so done with them. Those are great frames though. Thanks for your comment on my blog. You are welcome to comment about anything at anytime. I actually found Sara's blog from yours a while back, but never knew it was her. Thanks for the heads up.

Chandra said...

I always wanted glasses! They look great. I thought of you today when I saw that a Bon Jovi cover band was playing at the cannery-ROCK ON!!!

Chandra said...

Oh yaeh- that bracelet is super cute!

Tonya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.