Thursday, May 14, 2009

Really???

Ok, so my wife is going crazy with the whole coupon thing. Every day I hear how much money she is saving us. I wouldn't have believed it, but last week we went to the store together and when the checkout lady told us how much money we saved, both she and the couple behind us were in awe.

So I come home from work today and walk past the food storage closet and I hear a noise inside. I open the door and I see Blake stacking the cereal boxes. I knew Kirsten was buying cereal, but really? So yes, all that you see there was purchased for under $20 but I'm pretty sure that would feed our whole street in the event of a food shortage.



So this is my official invite. When the national dissaster happens, and you find yourselves with a Pops or Frosted Flakes craving, Come on over.

Hey wife, sorry to hijack your blog but I couldn't resist. I hear rice crispies are on sale this week!!

9 comments:

Carol Woolworth said...

That's awesome! I'm going to get my cereal on too. Frosted flakes are $0.50 is this week! Coupons Rock!

Sara said...

Okay, I think I am good with savings and cut coupons well. But I need to apparently learn from the pros. What kind of class did you take for this?!?! Do share!! Love it!

Kirsten said...

Actually, Rice Krispy's ARE on sale this week at CVS! Carol & I are heading over later today. I would hate to be deprived of Rice Krispy treats during a natural disaster!!!

Kirsten said...

Sara, It's super easy! Email me if you want details!

Jess said...

I love coupons too! It is a natural high to hear how much you save. I took my husband with me one time and he was amazed at the savings. I need to go stock up on some more cereal, but I do know where to come if we are in need. :)

Carol said...

haaaaaa....you are hillarious! way to hijack Jim! if i had someplace to put it all I coulda bought that much too, but as it is, I'm running out of space. BTW...you betta eat all that cereal in a year before it expires!!!!

FrankNApril said...

Thanks for the laugh! That stack is funny!
Good job! Wow:) April

Brett, Jaymie, McKaleigh, Colton, Alex said...

WOW! How in the world are you finding all those coupons? I think there are support groups for your type! Love J

Doralee said...

So funny Jim, I think it's awesome you dare to hijack Kirsten's blog. Gosh, I don't even think that Steve reads mine.