Saturday, April 25, 2009

finally getting some things accomplished

It is amazing what you can accomplish when track break is over. The kids have been back in school for 2 weeks, and I have:
  • Cleaned and organized all 5 closets upstairs
  • Cleaned out the pantry
  • Cleaned the fridge
  • Cleaned the house
  • Cleaned my room (finally)

I know! That is a heck of alot of cleaning. Jim & I have merged our closets to make room for the 15 cases of food storage that Jim canned at the cannery. He's so domestic. I am now a crazy coupon lady, so I expect to have a surplus of goods very soon, and I need somewhere to stash it all. Do you have any idea what goes in to a year supply of food storage for 7 people?

I also donated about 15 bags worth of toys and clothes to the DI. I feel so much better now. I am very OCD, and not sentimental AT ALL. If we don't use it, I don't keep it. So, the clutter was really getting to me. I feel like I can breathe now.

Another new development...I cut my hair!! Actually, my sister cut my hair. She is fabulous! If anyone needs an amazing hair-dresser, call me and I will give you Carol's number. She is soooo good. Anyway, I feel so much lighter! I am ready for summer, and I don't even miss the hair. It was time. Besides, it grows so fast. Carol said it will probably all be back by August.

I will be posting pictures very soon of the hair and of the BON JOVI CONCERT!!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Kirsten, I don't mind at all if you "peek" into my blog! I've already peeked into yours quite a few times after Katie emailed me her blog address and I saw all the links to our old friends. You have a beautiful family -- wow, five kids! Your girls look so much like you did when you were that age! Keep in touch, Kim

Soares Family said...

I would LOVE to get Carols info...need to cut mine too! And I am so jealous that you went to see Bon jovi! Hope you had fun!

Carol said...

way to go girl! wish i was a little LESS sentimental. I have a hard time getting rid of stuff (not all stuff) but definitely some stuff. And a food storage man hu??? what all'd he can????

Linde said...

I love when I get stuff like that done. Good for you. I am not sentimental at all either. Sometimes I throw away things that I probably shouldn't. Can't wait to see pictures of your hair and the Bon Jovi concert. Fun for you!