Sunday, November 9, 2008

32 or 23?

It was my birthday on Friday. It had been 2 years since we took the kids to Disneyland, so I decided that is what I wanted to do for my birthday. We had a blast! I will post our trip, but I have to shuffle through about 200 pics first.

My family came over tonight to have cake and ice cream. My mom made me her famous chocolate cake (from scratch). Soooo yummy!! I switched the candles. I am definitely not 23 anymore, even though I still feel like I am. I am well into my 30's which seems crazy to me. I have a daughter who will be in Young Womens in 2 years! I am in a new phase in my life. No more babies. I can watch my kids grow and experience new things. No more diaper bags and bottles. Instead, I have "tween-aged" girls who want cell phones and lap-tops, and where every other day was the "worst day of their life". Having 4 girls brings alot of drama...

Jim snapped this picture of me the other day. It just might be the only picture of me you see on this blog. This is for all of my friends who I haven't seen for several years. Amy- thanks for thinking of me on my birthday. I think of you every year on your birthday, too. It's wierd how those things stick with you, huh?


11 comments:

Chandra said...

Happy Birthday!! and you got to spend it at the Happiest PLACE ON Earth. You're lucky that you can switch your candles- mine would have put me worse off. The weird thing is that growing older I feel better about who I am and feel I have a better grip on things- but why do our bodies take to getting older bad and our minds good- I don't know if that made sense but whatever. You don't look a day over 23!

Sommer said...

I still see all of us as still 13! WHat in the world are we doing married with kids? Happy Birthday! You haven't changed a bit!

Sommer

Carol said...

look how gorgeous you are!!! best looking 32 (uh I mean 23) year old I've eva seen! Happy Happy Day!

Carol Woolworth said...

Sweet! If you're 23 that makes me 21! I'm going to the CLUB tonight! Partay!

That is a good pic Jim took with your new birthday camera.

How was your breakfast this morning?(Chocolate Cake?)

Linde said...

Happy birthday! I was thinking that your birthday was coming but I wasn't sure when! I bet you guys had a blast at Disneyland! Love ya and your gorgeous...look at ya!

Jason & Claire said...

Happy Birthday! What a good one. I know what you mean about still feeling 23. I thought I'd FEEL older after I GOT this old. I like what you said about the "new phase" of life. It's true and neat to experience a different stage of life with your kids.

I only have one girl and I am trying to focus on enjoying the drama while it lasts. I can't imagine the drama you have at your house.

Jess said...

Happy Birthday! Love the picture and I'm glad you got to spend your birthday at Disneyland.

Kristin said...

I was thinking of you on Friday too!! Your's and Amy's birthdays are always the ones I remember too!! I hope you had fun on your 23rd bithday!!

Katie Morgan said...

Thru all these years I've always wondered what you were up to on your birthday. You are only 5 days older than me. :) I'm glad you had a good one! Just like Sommer said in her post...it seems like we were all just 13.....where has all the time gone??

Laurie Mitton said...

Happy Birthday!!! You look great I hope you had a great birthday. I know you had to have a blast in Disneyland. You should post more pic's of you your beautiful.

Leslie said...

Hey Peer!
I still feel 23 too! But, since your gonna own 23, I guess I better move up to 29. After all I should be older than you since I'm your MOM. I'm glad you liked the cake. Did you have it for breakfast?
I love you, sweetie. You are my beautiful, special girl!