Monday, November 3, 2008

FHE at our house

Every Monday night, we attempt to have FHE at our house. It is not always a success, but we give it our best shot. Our opening songs are usually random..."Twinkle, Twinkle"...once I think we even sang "Had a Bad Day". Our FHE's may not be ideal, but they are ours, and I am quite proud of our consistency. We don't usually miss a Monday night.

Yesterday, Blake spent a great deal of time preparing her FHE lesson for tonight. She looked up a topic in the Index, and found a corresponding scripture. She then, went on LDS.org and found a story in "The Friend" to go along with her scripture. She made the usual assignments; opening song, opening prayer, etc. I was really excited thinking this may actually be a successful FHE, and I was proud of all her preparation and she would be able to pass it off in her "Faith In God" book. So she presents her lesson, and did a really great job. She read her little story about a girl who had a bad attitude about helping her little brothers and sisters clean up. This story applied to our family PERFECTLY!

After her story, I said, "So what can we all learn from this story?" Lincoln, who is sprawled out on the couch, looks at me and says,"I learned that I'm only gonna clean up if I get paid."

What in the world??? That is just great! Why do we bother??

5 comments:

Katie Morgan said...

How cute and frustrating all at once!! I can't wait to have those kinds of moments.

Judy said...

I would say well I am only going to feed you if I get paid.... Got to love the only boy...

Linde said...

So funny! Typical boy. I was so sad that we didn't get to see each other while I was there. Next time we will for sure. I wanted to see your kids too! Dang it!

Amy said...

I was thinking about you yesterday. I hope you had a Happy Birthday!

Jason & Claire said...

This made me laugh because we were attempting to have FHE in the car on the way home from CA yesterday and our closing song was..."had a bad day"! My boys love that song-weird.