Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Blogging about Blake


This picture was taken last week. I could not find Blake anywhere, and my niece Hailey told me that Blake fell asleep under her bed. I just had to snap a picture. She was out for a good 3 hours. There's a little story behind this...a couple of weeks ago our family suffered a tragic loss. My 10 week old baby niece Jacey passed away of complications from SIDS. She was just a perfect little angel and it was the Father's will to call her home. Needless to say, things have been slightly chaotic ever since. We've had anywhere from 8 to 11 kids (cousins or cousints as Lincoln would say) spending the days and nights with us. For about a week-and-a-half Blake graciously gave up her bed for her cousins, and willingly slept on the floor. I think she was trying to escape all the chaos and noise that day, so she decided to tuck away under her bed! I love that little girl!

OK, so this is kind of random, but this is an entry from one of Blake's journals at school...word for word.

2-13-08

I think a hero isn't some one like Spider man, Batman, Superman, or any one like that. To me a hero is like George Washington, Abrham Lincoln, Presedent Hinkly and James Madison. I think heros are cool becase without them Id think it would be no fun. Example: My dad is my hero. And thats what I think about heros.

I love those little glimpses of testimonies that come from children! Thank you primary teachers!

5 comments:

FrankNApril said...

She is a doll! We miss having her over! When can she come over? This week Thursday is good or next week. We can pick her up! April

Linde said...

She looks so comfy! She is such a good girl, all your kids are. I love the journal writings from school. They are the cutest aren't they? Miss you guys!

Jason & Claire said...

What a sweet little girl. I'm glad you started a blog. It's such an easy way to keep another record of the family happenings. It's fun too.

Kristin said...

Love how you can see the lashes in the pic!! I love long lashes!!

Carol said...

She's such a sweety pie.