Monday, April 7, 2008

"Mom, can I do some jobs?"

My conversation with Blake and Lincoln today...

"Mom, can I do some jobs?" (Lincoln)

"Why do you want to do some jobs?"

"I really want a baby brother. I need to earn some money."

"Mom, how much are baby brothers? Like a thousand?" (Blake)

"No, I think they're more than that."

"OK. What jobs can we do?" (Blake)

I replayed this conversation to Jim, and he just said that children are really close to the veil and I should probably consider what they're saying (he was being funny). He would love another baby, but he is very supportive. He knows how I feel about this. I am very content with how things are right now. Dylan is like 2 months away from being potty trained. Lincoln is going into 1st grade next year, and then I will only have 2 kids at home! I think they are all secretly trying to kill me! Chances are we would have another girl anyway! And if we had another girl we would have to turn our loft into a bedroom and install another bathroom for sure. So, say I have another baby...when my family gets baby hungry again do I have to go for number 7? I do 10 loads of laundry a week! I hope this is a phase for the kids, because they are going to be very disappointed otherwise. My mind is made up.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I give you 6 months!! Hey if I had kids a great as yours I'd have 10!

Linde said...

Funny how kids know things haha:) You do have great kids and if you have one more then our chances of at least one of our kids getting married are even better! We have to have at least one right? So cute!

FrankNApril said...

You look so good!
Really another one! Wow! Ok~ I will be looking for the updates on this one!!! You never know Kirsten!!! And your children are all that! April

FrankNApril said...

Alaina is having her party on Sat. Hope Blake can come! 12-2 April