Saturday, April 26, 2008

This Week in a Nutshell



This week was kinda crazy! I feel like I am running a marathon constantly. It seems like I am always rushing somewhere or in a hurry to get something done. I don't mind too much, though, because I know that soon enough my kids will be grown up, and then I will long to have that chaos back. These are a few things we did this week.
There is no TV on Sunday, so the kids always have to get creative. They do a "play" almost every week, and it is almost always about Star Wars. My kids are obsessed with Lego Star Wars on XBOX. They think the XBOX game came first and the movies came later. It makes me feel really old. Anyway, Taylor is a Storm Trooper, Blake is Obiwan, and Lincoln is Darth Vader, of course (couldn't you tell?).
The girls made a cake all by themselves! It was really good, too! Thanks girls!

OK, let me explain. Thursday morning, the kids went to seminary with Jim because it was "Take your child to work day". That night Lincoln fell asleep at 5pm without finishing his homework, reading his book, or having a bath. So, Friday morning he was up early...we got the homework and the book done, but didn't quite have time to give him a bath! He was filthy from playing outside, of course. So, I put him in the kitchen sink real quick, washed him off, and sent him on his bike! That's ghetto, huh? Anyway, Brookie thought that looked like fun, so there she is!


We have had this tile for a year and half. This week, Jim surprised me and started tiling the kids' bathroom! Unfortunately, it's really hard to lay, so we are going to have to hire somebody to finish. I got motivated and painted the walls pale pink. On top of that, we cleaned out our garage! That was a 2 day project! Thanks to dad and Carol for helping. It looks great! Now maybe Jim can build something for me with all those tools...hope you're reading this, honey!



So, what good is work if you can't play?! This was our Friday night Enrichment "Girl's Night Out". We had a blast playing Rock Band! Dana can rock that guitar, right? Lisa was great on the drums. She has amazing rhythm! Inside joke...she just could not get the beat on this one song. We all fell down laughing! It was hilarious...love you Lisa!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Ok, Ok I have no rhythm! It was so much fun. I laughed so hard I almoste p__ my pants:) We have the best ward!

Lisa said...

I can't spell either.

Linde said...

Wish I was there for girls night. Looks like so much fun. Your kids are so cute. Look at Brook in the sink! She is so little, of course she can fit. Hopefully you've got those skits on video. I bet they are so funny. The cake looks yummy too! What a busy week. Aren't they all like that? You are such a great mom!

Carol said...

Your kids are hillarious!

You don't have that tile done already?????? And now you have to hire help?????? Whats up with that. Bathroom looks super cute though. I've got some painting to do, wanna come to my house???

MIssed you yesterday :)

FrankNApril said...

How fun Girls night! Kelly made said her good news on Sunday in RS during good news minute:) How fun a baby! Huh:) I think that is funny u put them in the sink! Mine are way to big to put in the sink! It is not ghetto! Sometimes we gotta do whatever works and it worked at the time right? Have a good day! April