Monday, April 21, 2008

BMX Race Night

I have to say, the highlight of my week is when I get to go to the track and watch my little man race! He races in the 5 yr. old intermediate class which means he's usually racing 6 & 7 year olds. Every race is different, you never know what's going to happen. When Lincoln races, he puts everything he has into it. This past week, he was in 3rd place and he came to the corner and passed this kid low on the inside. He ended up taking 2nd in that race! It's fun to see all of his sisters and cousins screaming and cheering him on, too! Pedal Lincoln Pedal!
This is what the girls do while Lincoln's racing. I cringed this week when Brooklyn wanted to come, because she had just had a bath. I couldn't stand to see her cry, so I caved and let her come anyway...
Her face is covered in dirt!

This is hilarious! During the race, you can buy raffle tickets and win prizes. So they start announcing the winning tickets, and we hear this little girl calling out the numbers. My neice Hailey is in the middle of the track calling out the winners! I don't know how she got there, but I told my sister she needs to keep better track of her kids! Ha Ha!

4 comments:

Linde said...

How much fun is that? Boys are so fun. I love the little dirty face. Dirt will entertain better than anything. Glad you are back at the race track:)

Carol said...

hailey's a funny girl...love her!

and lincoln, he's got it goin' on!

FrankNApril said...

Where is that track? How fun!
My Dad has 5 girls but my sister Amber use to race BMX. It was fun to go watch! Good Times huh? April

Jason & Claire said...

How fun. You know there aren't that many boys that get to have four girls cheering him on everywhere he goes. What a lucky guy.