Thursday, May 15, 2008

Confession

Ok, I have to admit that my best days are the ones where I roll out of bed, put my sweats on, and stay that way all day long. Today is one of those days. I haven't even washed my face or brushed my teeth, and I've already picked Lincoln up from Kindergarten and done the pre-school carpool. The best part is...I don't even care what I look like. There's a freedom and happiness that comes with having no expectations for yourself. Not having to look "put together". It's a good day. Lincoln did ask me, when I picked him up, "Mom, why are you wearing your jammies?"

Jim, Taylor, and Diddy have the stomach flu. My day has consisted of washing things that Dylan has pooped all over. Whatever...it's part of being a mom, right?

I don't want to do anything except read "The Host". Halfway through and loving it. I don't even know who got voted off "American Idol", because all I want to do is read this book. Don't tell me!

OK, this post is really lame, but I am avoiding all the laundry that I have to do. I once had a conversation with my neice Hailey about how people don't know what their own house smells like. You can smell someone else's house, but not your own. I was trying to explain what her house smells like, and she told me my house smells like laundry. Sounds about right! Have a good day everyone! I promise, I'm fine Lisa :)!

5 comments:

Carol said...

ok, so I'm glad I'm not the only one who can get half way through a day without brushing their teeth and wearing "jammies". Those are good days hu!

Sorry ya'll are sick over there!

Heather said...

I'm right there with you on the house smell thing. Everyone DOES have their own smell. Laundry, that's a good one as long as it's clean! I hope ours is good :)

Sorry you all are sick. Brooklyn wants to play next time we have playgroup at our house. I'll call you and let you know when. Don't want to let that cute little thing down.

Lisa said...

I'm so glad you are ok. I hope it doesn't bother you that I ask. By the way, your house smells good! I am jealous you got to stay that way the whole day. Those are the best days!!

I hope you don't get sick and everyone gets better. If you need anything I'm here.

Chandra said...

Yeah when I have those days Lauren always asks "Mom did you put make-up on today?" No. "Well you should cause you look better with it" Thanks I'll remember that. I really think old peoples houses have a distinct smell.

Linde said...

I am loving this book too! I love to have days like that too! It is just kinda relaxing...until the next day when everything is twice as bad. About the house smell, I totally know what you are talking about.