Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

Fourth of July was OFF THE HOOK! We had a blast! We spent the day with family and friends. We swam, we ate, we swam and ate some more...when it got dark we started the fireworks. You know your fireworks are good if the cops show up! We got a warning, but they didn't really seem to care what we were doing. We always have illegal fireworks in our neighborhood, but I've never seen it like it was this year. Everybody had illegal fireworks going. It was pretty amazing. We didn't come inside until about 11pm. The kids loved it!


I took a TON of pictures. I posted some of my favorites. Sorry there are so many, but it's my blog, right? I can post as many pictures as I want!



Brooklyn is yelling, "Yeah! We beat the boys!"


Jim spent a while throwing all the kids in the air.
Yes, I know I have other children besides Diddy, but she's soooo cute!
The kids had a belly flop contest! I cringed everytime someone did a belly flop!The kids were writing their names with the sparklers!
Robby is always working, so we were glad he took a break to hang with us!
Dylan's first sparkler! Future Pyros. I'm really scared for when they get older. They couldn't stop lighting things!

Well, I hope everyone's 4th was fun. This was the most fun we've had in a long time! I hope every year it gets bigger and better!

8 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm glad you posted lots of pictures. I loved looking at them. By the way, great job on Taylor's costume. I have inside info on who she is in the play. I'll keep it to myself. I'll just say, it's an awesome part and I bet she will be great! Can't wait to see them perform.

Jason & Claire said...

What a blast-literally! I'm glad you posted all of those. Happy 4th!

Carol Woolworth said...

it was so fun!

FrankNApril said...

Kirsten,
I like the pictures! The more the better:) Fun! April

Carol said...

It WAS a good 4th! Thanks for lettin' us hang with the cool crowd!

Next year, it's gonna be off an even bigger HOOK! Can't wait!

You know your gonna have to get me some pics.

Leslie said...

It was so much fun!!! What a fantastic neighborhood you have!! I loved the fireworks! Next year we need to add a water balloon fight to the festivities! It's time to resurrect that tradition

Growin' Like Weeds said...

your kiddos are cute and there is nothing better than a "holiday" to have fun with our fam.
You look like you are a pro seamstress!

Chandra said...

Looks like lots of fun with lots of kids! What boy isn't a pyro? And they don't grow out of it either- that's why they're obsessed with the illegals.