Thursday, July 10, 2008

Goodbye Kindergarten!!

I have never been so relieved to have a school year almost over. I will not miss Kindergarten one bit! I feel like all I do is drive my kids around. Lincoln has been riding his bike in the morning with the "group", but trying to pick him up from school, load his bike in the car, then rush to get Brooklyn from pre-school every Wednesday and Thursday has been stressful and crazy. I am sooooo sad that Lincoln's getting so big, but I will love having him in school all day next year! The dynamic is so much different when I just have my two little girls home! Now that I think about it, I don't remember when I only had 2 kids at home...


Anyway, he has grown so much this year! I feel really blessed to have had Lisa as his teacher. She knows him, and I know that she has been a HUGE part of his growth. He is so much more mature. No more melt downs, and he minds me soooo well! I love it! We have grown very close this year. Our favorite thing to do after school is come home and play Guitar Hero. If you haven't seen him play, you should check out the video of him on my blog. He's insane!


He is also reading really well! He's always the one to remind us about reading scriptures before bed, because he's so excited to try reading them himself. I actually think reading scriptures has really helped improve his reading.


Lincoln's saying,"The Cubs are going down!" to his little friend.
OK, blogger won't let me upload the video from his program and now I'm ticked off. I've been trying to load this thing ALL DAY!!! Ugggggghhh!

4 comments:

Carol Woolworth said...

Oh my gosh! Lincoln is so cute!

Heather said...

I second the being relieved school is almost over. Having a kindergartener to pick up really messes your day up. I have not missed that.

I also totally agree with scripture reading helping to improve learning skills in general. I felt that way with Kyle and remember expressing that. I think it is the Lord's way of blessing them for being obedient.

FrankNApril said...

Kirsten,
Just think one day...they will all be in school! One day my dear:) He is very cute! April

Linde said...

I don't miss Kindergarden either! You have a little break before you are doing it again. You are further ahead than me. I am barely having #5! Lincoln is so cute. Remeber when he kissed Kenz? That is still so funny to me!