Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Tagged, Taylor's Costume, Silly Boys

I got tagged! This is my first time! Thanks, Linde. What do I love about the 4th of July...everything! Despite the scorching heat, I really look forward to summers in Vegas because I love the swimming, the barbecues, and the 4th of July. I have alot of memories of the 4th growing up. Where do I begin?

We used to spend the week of the 4th filling up kiddie pools full of water balloons. We would have a huge party in our cul-de-sac, and invite the whole neighborhood. We would have 80-100 people show up with food and fireworks. My parents band "Smooth and Easy" (Yes, they were in a band) would play music after the food and the games. Then we would shoot off fireworks all night long. It was a blast! One of my most vivid memories of being a kid.

We do kinda the same thing, now, only not on such a big scale. We will be swimming and barbecuing with all the neighbors and friends. Looking forward to:

  • Not having to do anything.
  • Swimming
  • Dressing the kids in Red,White, and Blue. At least the little ones. My oldest 3 don't let me dress them.
  • Watching Dylan and Brooklyn get scared of the fireworks.
  • Watching the neighbors in the next cul-de-sac over shoot off their $3000 dollars worth of illegal fireworks.
  • Visiting with friends.
  • All the yummy food
  • Seeing what trouble Lincoln can get into!

Now I'm all excited! Ok, now I tag April, Kelly, Kristin, and whoever else wants to!

I am finally finished with that costume. I don't know if you can tell what it is from the picture...I am still not allowed to tell who she is in the play. Very soon, though. I also made her some khaki pants to go with the jacket. She is soooo excited! I'm really proud of her, and I can't wait to see the play!



I think I said once that these boys will jump a ramp with anything...

7 comments:

Chandra said...

I love the 4th of July too. Growing up it meant school was out and we were in summer mode. There would always be lots of people, food and fireworks.All the neighbors would be out or we'd go to a friends house. Now we get together with a group of friends from high school, so I hope my kids will enjoy that tradition. Don't forget the red, white and blue bomb pops!!! Costume looks great- I broke down and ordered Lauren's.

Carol said...

look at you little miss suzy homemaker! nice job.

the 4th is fun. don't know if i'll be seeing ya, or not ;>

FrankNApril said...

Kirsten,
I so just read that and was like Oh how fun and la la la and then I saw my name! You must have another friend named April that you tagged! Aw a sigh of relief. April

Jason & Claire said...

That video is hilarious. Your 4th sounds fun growing up. I didn't know you could sew. Is there anything you don't do?

The Pemberton Family said...

Ok you are officially mother of the century with sewing that outfit! you are amazing!

Linde said...

You are amazing! I can't wiat to hear all about the play. Kyron wishes he was there so bad. Ike invited him to come watch. cute huh? Wish we were there for the fourth! Looks like a blast. I'm glad that you didn't get busted! I love all the pictures!

Linde said...

I really do know how to spell. I need to proof read, I guess.