Sunday, June 29, 2008

Not as young as I used to be...

Back from our Young Women's trip to St. George. It was really great! The girls had a blast, I had a blast! They wore me out. I haven't been able to wake up all day. I decided not to post any pictures of the girls. I didn't know if the parents would be OK with that. Here are some highlights from our trip.


We drove up Thursday morning, and ate lunch at a park before heading straight to Costco. Well, everyone else ate lunch at the park. My Laurels and I never made it to the park...they begged me for In-N-Out Burger, and they said I would be the coolest leader ever if I took them...how can I resist that?

At Costco, Jessica got a picture of some polygamists on her phone THAT SHE WASN'T SUPPOSED TO BRING. We had to confiscate it...sorry Jess.

Got to our sweet condo that happened to be right across the street from a park that High School Musical 2 was filmed at. The Redd's grandma let us use her place. It was so nice!

Went to Tuacahn to see Les Mes. It was awesome! Probably one of the best versions that I've ever seen. That was fun except for the killer bees that kept trying to eat us! Seriously, Jessica killed 5 of them (drowned 3 in her Lemonade).
Went to bed LATE! Again, the girls said I would be the coolest leader ever if I would SLEEP OUTSIDE IN THE BACKYARD with them! For reals! I gave in. We camped under the stars. It was actually pretty amazing. At about 6:30 am, the girls got soaked by the sprinklers. Ha Ha! I was smart and slept on the patio.

Friday, we hiked the Red Cliffs. It was more like rock climbing, though, which the girls liked. I did, too. I didn't realize how adventureous my girls were...it was really cool. Sister Larsen didn't know what she was getting into. She said, after a good share of climbing, "I have no good words for you girls right now!"

After that, we swam at the condo. Later, Bro. and Sis. Cuff bought us all dinner at the Pizza Factory. That was really generous of them. Then, we watched the Joseph Smith movie and had a testimony meeting at the visitor center at the St. George Temple. It was the perfect end to the day. Lisa Evans and Stephanie Brough came up Friday night. I was so glad! It was fun having them there to party with us! They drove all the way up there, just to leave first thing the next morning. They are the best!

We drove home early Saturday morning. I had such a blast growing closer and bonding with those girls. We rocked out in the car the whole time! Our theme song was "It's My Life" Bon Jovi, and we had a blast singing to "Wicked" at the top of our lungs (I loved that they approved of the songs on my Ipod). I kept getting lost! Thank heavens for cell phones. The girls said, "If you ride with Sister Berkabile, hope you like U-Turns!" Even after having my share of "Root Beer", I barely kept up with them. I was so glad I got to go. I loved hanging with my fellow leaders. I work with the coolest ladies! Love you guys!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Sounds like a really fun weekend. i really miss young womens!! One question, Who had all your ids? Did Jim handle them all by himself. If he did that is truly impressive!!

Kirsten said...

Kristin,

Jim watched the kids. The house was even clean when I got home!

Kirsten

Berk said...

Come on now, I only have 5 kids. 6 would have been tough, but 5, not so much. We had a blast.

Jason & Claire said...

Jim made me laugh out loud with his comment above. What a great weekend! I am seriously so jealous. You are the "best leader in the whole world." I can't believe you slept outside with them. You rock!

The Pemberton Family said...

Kirsten--it so good to hear from you! I just have always loved you and admired your family...now i can see what you are up to! You are an amazing mommy!!

Linde said...

How fun! You are the coolest leader ever! What lucky girls to have you. You even had a clean house? Thats impresive!