Wednesday, July 23, 2008

George Washington

I am so proud of my little "General"! Taylor was amazing in her class play! She had so much to memorize, and she didn't miss a single word. The kids recited the entire Declaration of Independence at the end of the play. I have to admit that I got choked up. I always do when it comes to patriotic stuff. Plus, her teacher was playing "Braveheart" music in the background. That made it more dramatic...
This school year was great! TaylorBlake both made the "A" honor roll, Taylor made it into GATE, and Blake made it into GATE for next year. Blake played ALOT of practical jokes on her poor teacher who is deathly afraid of spiders. Taylor learned how to make a powerpoint presentation on the computer (for reals, 3rd grade-I can't even do that). Lincoln learned how to read and spell. The Kindergarteners got to try "hot" lunch at the end of the year, and Lincoln said he wants hot lunch everyday next year! Yeah! I get so tired of packing lunches. The kids are excited to sleep in the next 6 weeks, and so am I!

5 comments:

Sommer said...

Super cute. I can see the Fotheringham "performaning" gene has been passed! I will not be passing along the Buhecker "clogging" gene to Wyatt.

Linde said...

I am so jealous! I wanted to see that so bad! She looks so cute! What a costume!Amazing! I am glad that you had fun on your trip. We would have went to a bunch of movies too! Lucky ducks:)

Carol said...

Taylor looks stinkin' awesome! Wish Kristen had gotten that teacher for next year, oh well. Can you believe how fast this school year went by, crazy. Time to get ready for the next one, hu! Well almost.

Chandra said...

Taylor did so good!! I'm so proud of the entire class and glad they all had an awesome teacher!
Sounds like you had a nice relaxing time in Texas. It's great to have time to just take care of yourself once in a while.

Jason & Claire said...

Wow. You should be so proud (and relieved to have it over for a couple of months)!